Nic Barrow coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nic Barrow coaching

I have just booked 2hours with Nic after meeting him at a tournament in Milt

on Keynes a week Sunday ago. He won the tournament by the way!! SO guys give me experiences of coaching from Nic, He seems to have a good reputation.

Hi Stephen,

Nic is a top bloke and a great coach you will get his full attention
    for the whole session Nic always gives a 110% to everything he does.

James

Comment

Nic is a great coach.
      It's really a great opportunity to have him to coach you.
      Make full use of the 2hours.

All the best

Comment

HI Snooker fans how much does Nic charge i heard that he coached Ronnie Osullivan is that true maybe some one knows cheers Leonard

Comment

Nic is not cheap £60 an hour , however he does do package deals so best to chat to him... I will let you all know how it goes ...Cheers Steve.

Comment

I have also been Told Nic is a Very Good Coach!

I do have a few Dvd's of Nic Coaching different routines and looks and sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Comment

Yep I had a couple of hours coaching with Nic as organised by TSF.. I had major problems last year with my cue action, in that I couldn't sometimes release the cue. This was fixed almost immediately by just going over the basic of what you should be doing on the shot.

Nic is very knowledgeable, and the way he explains things he always seems to do it in a way which makes the game seem a lot more simpler than it is. Ask if you can have your session filmed as well!

Comment

I spent a full day one on one coaching with Nic.

First off, I would like to say he a very nice guy, and he will give you 100% so you feel you get your money's worth.

My only criticism would be is that he is a very philosophical guy. He has read hundreds of "self help" style books. He has a very big book case full of them. The consequence of this is that he has a lot of deep explanations for everything snooker related, some of which may not resonate with you in the same way they do with him. This is great stuff to listen to, but sometimes you just want to get on with playing a few shots, rather than discussing the inner meaning of the bridge!

Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                  HI Snooker fans how much does Nic charge i heard that he coached Ronnie Osullivan is that true maybe some one knows cheers Leonard
                  Ronnie has had various coaches. (Forgive the last name spelling) Some I heard of are. Frank Adamson, the late Steve Prest, Dell Hill and Nic among others. He has also had a mind coach. Snooker players are always looking for that extra edge and ROS is no exception. Though I think it can be damaging to your game to have too much information it can confuse matters and you can over learn the game.

The mind part of the game is very important at snooker. Many players carry too many scars from their defeats. It is very important to stay positive, focused and relaxed. So coaching in this area is more than useful.

Comment

My 2 hours coaching with Nic

Just had my first 2 hours coaching from Nic Barrow. I could not have been more impressed. Nic spotted a few moinor faults with my set up and preparation before my shots, plenty to work on for a couple of weeks before my next session!!

Comment

he corrected my sighting...where most people struggle as books and old advices say so....try nic as he will show each individual is different...after he clarified..i potted ten reds with black, pink nd blue in front of him....just nice touch...correct sighting...not nervous t all with him....best coach i ve had.

Comment

Yes Ive heard this before, interesting, guess its about taking what you can relate to without glazing over

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post

My only criticism would be is that he is a very philosophical guy. He has read hundreds of "self help" style books. He has a very big book case full of them. The consequence of this is that he has a lot of deep explanations for everything snooker related, some of which may not resonate with you in the same way they do with him. This is great stuff to listen to, but sometimes you just want to get on with playing a few shots, rather than discussing the inner meaning of the bridge!

Cheers.

Comment

I would add, no doubting his talent as a coach, I have had 1/2 day with him. I enjoyed it very well. however the explanations and micro-dissecting every aspect of a particular technique can sometimes be too much, as checkside said you want to get down and pot balls.

coaches have their individual styles and Nic focuses a lot on every little detail which is great if you are an accomplished player and you are just looking for that little extra to take your game to the next level, but for us 20-30 break players we need to get the basics right first and I thought the time I spent could have been utilised a bit more on my stance , walk in and the way I line up the shot.

I also think once you settle on a coach, regular visits are needed, because just having one session every 6 months are so isn't enough.

Alabbadi
                          Last edited by alabadi; 13 August 2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by rogersnooker76 View Post
                            he corrected my sighting...where most people struggle as books and old advices say so....try nic as he will show each individual is different...after he clarified..i potted ten reds with black, pink nd blue in front of him....just nice touch...correct sighting...not nervous t all with him....best coach i ve had.
                            rogersnooker76,

Can you share with us what Nic corrected with your sighting that enabled you to make such a huge leap in improvement?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I like what your saying here al, as underlined. One sesh is not enough!!
                              Plus.. Its important to find a coach that you respond to, not costing an arm an a leg and ultimately is changing the trajectory of your development..

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                              I would add, no doubting his talent as a coach, I have had 1/2 day with him. I enjoyed it very well. however the explanations and micro-dissecting every aspect of a particular technique can sometimes be too much, as checkside said you want to get down and pot balls.

coaches have their individual styles and Nic focuses a lot on every little detail which is great if you are an accomplished player and you are just looking for that little extra to take your game to the next level, but for us 20-30 break players we need to get the basics right first and I thought the time I spent could have been utilised a bit more on my stance , walk in and the way I line up the shot.

I also think once you settle on a coach, regular visits are needed, because just having one session every 6 months are so isn't enough.

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
                              X