Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridging arm question

Hi there

I am new to the game and need a little help from people who know what they're talking about.

My bridging arm is rarely flat on the table, I tend to hover it above the cloth.

The reason being that i am 6 ft 4, andfind it difficult getting down that low.

My potting is better with the hovering arm but im just wondering if its better to change the action before i get too used to it.

Thankyou

Paul williams
    Last edited by polotechnics; 22 April 2010, 10:23 AM.

Bending the bridge arm gives the player more stability and allows him to get the bridge arm tight on the table.

Try bending your bridge arm elbow, but don't overdo it and only bend it between 10 and 20 degrees, no more and then see if you can get your arm comfortably on the table.

It might feel strange at first as your eyes will be a little closer to the cueball

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

will do, thankyou terry.

Comment

I haven't seen too many videos of Ricky Walden playing, but you might want to watch a few if you can. He is around your height too and is a rather decent player. It might help with your stance too.

Comment

Get it down on the table for more stability...doesn't matter how tall you are. We all bend at the hips just stand slightly further back from the table to accommodate. The better the original stance the better the end result.

Comment

Working...
          X