X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should we breath when feathering?

should we breath when feathering?

which way is better?

I think that depends on yourself and everyone got different techniques. I stop breathing after I get down and ready to shot. The idea of stop breathing is to make sure no upper body movement and maintain good cueing

Comment

i would have thought breathing should come naturally, i.e. it's a natural bodily reflex... but i know what you mean...

i learnt some shooting techniques while in the draft some years ago and perhaps a comparision can be drawn between a sniper and a snooker player... basically, the breathing is regulated to maintain stillness and composure in order to achieve greater accuracy...

1) your body should be kept as still.

2) breathing should be even and smooth while down on the shot / feathering. i.e. you shouldn't be panting. take a deeper breath before you get down.

3) a sniper squeezing off his trigger would be akin a snooker player pulling back his cue to deliver the final stroke... i.e. slow pullback, breath out slowly and fire... don't snatch the trigger or you will miss your target.

personally, i would not place too much emphasis on the breathing part... it may prove to be more distracting than helpful. should be ok as long as you're not gulping for air or panting. but perhaps it would be good to keep that in mind when you start to tense up or feel nervous during the game.

hope this helps...
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I am breathing during feathering but just befpre delivering the cue I tend to take a breath and play the shot without breathing. I have talked with my coach about that and he said it is important not to breath once you are down on the shot.On the other hand I believe it is quite important to breath.
        You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Working...
        X