Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you play young Potter?

Comment

Every other day really, sometimes everyday, sometimes every 2/3 days, it changes alot and it's always from 11am-6pm

Comment

Where/how do you find the time?
        Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's magic
          Mon the Rocket

Comment

Basically I just left school and wasnt working so I found my time there then I got a job in roofing. So I wasnt playing that much but I still played from like 6 - about 11 after work every like 2/3 days, played all day weekends. Then About 6 Months ago my boss stopped working LOL so I was out of work and still had a bit of money so I spent all day nearly every day down the snooker hall for like 2 months then I got a a job as a dustman about 3 months ago which I thought was ok because I finish at 12 so.........I go down the snooker hall after work like every other day and play all day on saturdays and a tournament every sundayat my club.

Comment

lol cool

You have had a very eventful life
              Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL.

.....................................And I haven't pass 20

Comment

The only thing natural is the love of the game

All players start at the same level and the ones who improve quickly are lucky enough to be playing in a club where the better players have very good styles and cue actions and without realizing it they emulate these players and of course they improve.
                  Practise of course really gets your game going and over the years the players I have seen that are so enthusiastic become the players of the future I witnessed Micheal White making a 105 break at the age of 9 he had only been playing a year but every-time he played he was so intense he would be standing behind his opponent or in front he just wanted to see what they were going to play he just couldn't get enough and his progress was amazing but I don't believe Michael or anyone else is a natural player the day he came into the empire it was because it was raining outside and his dad asked if they could shelter in the club and I remember him sitting there on a very high stool his dad had to lift him up and he didn't say a word he just watched the snooker it was at that moment he fell in love with the game and with a lot of support from his dad and buckets full of practise so its enthusiasm/ practise/observation/with a touch of hard work.

Comment

Originally Posted by viv
                    All players start at the same level and the ones who improve quickly are lucky enough to be playing in a club where the better players have very good styles and cue actions and without realizing it they emulate these players and of course they improve.
                    Practise of course really gets your game going. so its enthusiasm/ practise/observation/with a touch of hard work.
                    I concur

Neath is a nice place. You know Aberdulais?

Comment

It took me alot of messing around with the balls and practicing
                      various shots not just the same one over and over again to be
                      able to make regular high breaks. I can now make breaks of 50+
                      at will but there was a time when i was struggling to make 20. It
                      takes patience and persistance to become a good player. Block
                      everything out and concentrate on the pot more than the position.
                      If you miss the pot there could be no recovery but if you miss
                      the position you have a chance to make a safety and stay in the
                      frame. I learned the hard way by practicing 3 hours a day by myself
                      in my garage drumming it in what i should be doing. At first it just
                      was not sinking in and i was thinking to myself that i would never be
                      good enough but then i learned to control my fellings around
                      the table and me and my table (Which i now call Ruth lol) learned
                      to click and i now am alot more confident with my potting and position.

Tip from me - It is never a bad decision to play safe. Rather be
                      sensible than rash

Comment

Originally Posted by xianx
                        Tip from me - It is never a bad decision to play safe. Rather be
                        sensible than rash
                        Thats my problem I would rather take on a pot than play safe..Even though(dont mean to blow my own trumpet) I'm a fantastic safety player

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
                          had to practise

listen to advice from people who are obviously better

watch snooker, not just to see the play, but to concentrate on ALL aspects of their play...

shot selection
                          stance
                          cue grip
                          cue ball address
                          head still
                          stroke

to name but a bare few

use the advice

and try to copy what you see the pro snooker players do

if required, as for lessons off of a local good player...one who can make regular breaks of 70+ will know what to do, and should be a decent enough "coach" for a while anyway until you see improvement.

or similar
                          I disagree on the bit in bold. Every single snooker player out there, regardless of whether they can make 147 breaks or struggle to pot one red, has their own style of playing.

Whenever I try to copy a professional snooker player's cue action, stance, head position, swinback, arm position, my game starts to disintergrate, because it feels unnatural to copy somebody elses game.

You could succeed in doing that, but it would take a lot of perseverance and grit to make it to be successful whilst copying somebody elses cue action.

Everybody is unique in the game of snooker, I haven't seen one player who plays like the other player, and I think that's a good thing, it hsows that it's every man for himself.

Wouldn't it be boring if everyone played with the same cue action all the time?

Comment

Originally Posted by ¥øüñg W!žäяð

Thats my problem I would rather take on a pot than play safe..Even though(dont mean to blow my own trumpet) I'm a fantastic safety player
                            So practice playing safe and then when you are in a match it will
                            be in your mind that maybe a safety shot is the best option. I used
                            to be like that myself. Always looked for the glory shot and then when
                            i missed i always wished i had played safe

Comment

Originally Posted by xianx
                              So practice playing safe and then when you are in a match it will
                              be in your mind that maybe a safety shot is the best option. I used
                              to be like that myself. Always looked for the glory shot and then when
                              i missed i always wished i had played safe
                              LOL. I have calmed down alot recently though especially in tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                              X