Brown to Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown to Blue

this shot looks so easy when played on the tv. however i have been trying to practice this for the last week or so however if i put screw on the shot when playing a 1/4 ball shot on the brown there dosent seem to be much room for error i was wondering what is the best way to play this i would idealy like to come off 1 coushin instead of screwing down for the blue. any advice would be much appreciated

cheers jon

Personnally I prefer to be straightish into yellow or green pocket and be forced to screw back off the cush. My nightmare shot is when I don't have the correct angle and I have to bounce off bottom cushion.

Comment

yer well i have been hitting the brown 1/4 ball to 1/2 ball and screwing back without hitting any cushions but my problem is i go the wrong side of the blue too often or dont come down far enought other times i would like to be able to come off the side cushion to give meyself more room for error

Comment

Try this one!!!

This has got to be one of the most creative shots ive ever seen! 1 cushion with delayed reverse side. just skip through to 8:35 to see the magic!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3_1Ylsj2k
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
          This has got to be one of the most creative shots ive ever seen! 1 cushion with delayed reverse side. just skip through to 8:35 to see the magic!!!

I often play this shot but i always end up the right side of the blue

Comment

You have a few options playing brown to blue, in my opinion your going to have to be good at all of them because you can never really judge a break and say "ill make sure im there on the brown" that all depends on your yellow to green and also the last colour to yellow aswell so I would practice all these.

In order of difficulty (for me personally anyways)

1. 3/4ish cut into yellow pocket with stun thro to take blue into opposite middle.

2. 3/4ish with screw to take into same middle

3. Full Ball screw on and off side cushion for blue in same middle

4. 3/4 ball low on brown screw on and off side cushion with reverse side

5. 1/2 ball low stun round two cushion long figure of 8 to take blue into same middle

6. 1/2 ball low screw round two cushions short figure of 8 to take blue into opposite middle.

I generally dont play on and off the back cushion when Im low on brown because its quite a distance to try and judge the pace of the white. Coming off two cushions gives me more options with this shot because im always coming towards the blue and on more of a position friendly type of line.

Hope that helps.

Comment

He ended up on wrong side of the blue surely?

Comment

mate thats got nothing on neil robertson's one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKgTM07xoc

right side of the blue as well
                Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
                HB match: 81

Comment

The key shot to get on the brown correctly is actually the yellow to green positional shot (if they are on their spots).

Always try to get the green as close to straight in as you can and then when you pot the green screw back 1-2" and then use a simple top-stun shot aiming for the cueball to hit the side cushion about 6" or so from the middle pocket as then it will bounce off toward the blue and should remain on the baulk side of the blue unless you hit it too hard.

This is the easiest way to get the correct position on the blue. The other one is to have the brown straight in, screwing back about 6-7" from the green but the danger is you might over-screw the ball and even one extra inch means you will be using the rest and one or two cushions to get on the blue with the cueball traveling a longer distance.

With my way as long as you get a small amount of screw or even if you just make a mistake and stun the green in, you can still get on the blue with a simple one-cushion stun shot.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

heya guys thakyou for all you responces I know i need to practice prety much all of your sugestions terry as i know im not going to be in perfect position for the brown too often but its good to know my options on the best way to get me baulk side of the blue with the best room for error aswell.

cheers Jon

Comment

Just keep practicing them John until the brown ends up like a malteser .

Comment

lol I have been practicing this shot so many times now it does feel that way but it seems to be getting better but i played last night and managed to clear all the colors off thier spots )) which was a first so i am very pleased about that

Comment

Well done mucka :snooker:

Comment

heya hotpot are there many leagues around cardiff (for beginners) or do you mainly play in rhondda?

Comment

Ye i used to play in the Rhondda John , just started back after a five year lay off , so gonna start playing league snooker again this year .

There are leagues in Cardiff , not sure what night though . Most leagues will have several divisions so it covers a wide range of standards .
                              Last edited by hotpot; 13 July 2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X