Astigmatism in left eye!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astigmatism in left eye!

I have returned to the game after 20 years to find i now cant line up due to a left eye that is affected by the above. I have tried all sorts to sight /line up but find that i cant use any one method as i seem to find tilltind until my left eye is over the cue on long shots works but doesnt on shorter shots? Do you know of this problem and have any advice? It drives you mad trying to remember how to sight as every shot is a problem.

Originally Posted by thebigmal View Post
    I have returned to the game after 20 years to find i now cant line up due to a left eye that is affected by the above. I have tried all sorts to sight /line up but find that i cant use any one method as i seem to find tilltind until my left eye is over the cue on long shots works but doesnt on shorter shots? Do you know of this problem and have any advice? It drives you mad trying to remember how to sight as every shot is a problem.
    Have you thought about or tried a contact lens for the affected eye?

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I was unable to use contact lenses due to astigmatism in my right eye .

It was ok when i was standing up but when i got down to play a shot the balls were not clear . Basically the lenses would not sit on my eye due to the shape of my right eye . Left eye was perfect .
      But i suppose it depends on the severity of the astigmatism itself . The opticians would be the best bet .

Meanwhile i just have to resort to wearing glasses

Good luck and hope you can get something sorted .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I've got astigmatism and had to change form wearing contact lenses back to glasses that correct the focus...

your optician should be able to give you glasses that help the problem - mind you I'm still as blind as a bat!
        Janie Watkins
        On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
        All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

i've got astigmatism and had to try numerous types of contact lense untill i found some that would actually stay in my eye whilst playing shots. i've been using acuvue advance for astigmatism for over a year now and they have been great. hope this helps..

Comment

Originally Posted by snooks1000 View Post
            i've got astigmatism and had to try numerous types of contact lense untill i found some that would actually stay in my eye whilst playing shots. i've been using acuvue advance for astigmatism for over a year now and they have been great. hope this helps..
            originally they gave me contacts that sat on a certain position on the eye - great until they moved for any reason and then it was like looking at the world through frosted glass!!
            Janie Watkins
            On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
            All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Thats what i used ....but no good for me . Strange that they suit most people but not me .

Perhaps i might try another optician .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Thats what i used ....but no good for me . Strange that they suit most people but not me .

Perhaps i might try another optician .
                no 2 people are the same i suppose. were they the fornightly lenses you tried? i had nearly given up on trying lenses because they literally fell out of my eye onto the table and must have tried 4 or 5 brands untill i found these ones stayed in and 95% of the time are very comfortable.

when i tried to explain to the opticians that the contact lenses i were trying were falling out of my eye i got some funny facial expressions and head scratching in reply. good luck with the search if you continue trying to find some that work for you...

Comment

no 2 people are the same i suppose. were they the fornightly lenses you tried? i had nearly given up on trying lenses because they literally fell out of my eye onto the table and must have tried 4 or 5 brands untill i found these ones stayed in and 95% of the time are very comfortable.

when i tried to explain to the opticians that the contact lenses i were trying were falling out of my eye i got some funny facial expressions and head scratching in reply. good luck with the search if you continue trying to find some that work for you...

Hi Snooks , the lenses were dailys . I tried about 3 different types . Maybe going to another Optician is the answer , as they may well have a different brand that will suit me . Worth a try i suppose .
                  Strange that they did not understand why they fell out . Surely down to the shape of your eye .

Comment

Hi Snooks , the lenses were dailys . I tried about 3 different types . Maybe going to another Optician is the answer , as they may well have a different brand that will suit me . Worth a try i suppose .
                    Strange that they did not understand why they fell out . Surely down to the shape of your eye .
                    the dailys were the first type i tried and i couldn't get on with them whatsoever. if you havent tried the acuvue advance for astigmatism fortnightlys i strongly suggest you give them a go. explain to your opticians that you have spoke to a fellow snooker player who found these particular lenses the only ones that stayed in his eyes and they will sort you out with a trail pair. good luck and let me no how you get on...

Comment

the dailys were the first type i tried and i couldn't get on with them whatsoever. if you havent tried the acuvue advance for astigmatism fortnightlys i strongly suggest you give them a go. explain to your opticians that you have spoke to a fellow snooker player who found these particular lenses the only ones that stayed in his eyes and they will sort you out with a trail pair. good luck and let me no how you get on...
                      They only offered me the dailys . i suppose becuase i was only going to wear them playing snooker and keep wearing glasses as normal for day to day use . But i will try them out .
                      Thanks

Comment

that was why i tried dailys first. i thought they would end up better value because i would only use 2 or 3 pairs a week. it doesnt actually work out to much more expensive for the fortnightlys..

Comment

that was why i tried dailys first. i thought they would end up better value because i would only use 2 or 3 pairs a week. it doesnt actually work out to much more expensive for the fortnightlys..
                          I assume that with the fortnightlys you just put them back in the solution after you've used them ?

Comment

Just looked at Vision Express and they only do them monthly . Do you think that this will make a difference or would you suggest finding somewhere that sells fortnightly ?

Comment

Just looked at Vision Express and they only do them monthly . Do you think that this will make a difference or would you suggest finding somewhere that sells fortnightly ?
                              theres nothing stopping you taking your prescription to another opticians. with the fortnightly ones, once you open them you store them in solution and can wear them as little or as often within a 2 week period, although to be fair i always get 2 1/2 - 3 weeks out of each pair (although dont expect your optician to recommend this!) i always buy them 6 pairs at a time and usually get 4 months or so out of each purchase.

just incase you were wondering, i get mine from asda opticians

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=acu...w=1440&bih=741

Comment

Working...
                              X