My 360 Purecue Action Trainer review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 360 Purecue Action Trainer review

I know there are other threads about this but hey i spent a reasonable amount of money on it, i want my own thread

I got one of the new models and it really does look the part, a big improvement from what i've seen of the older models

The cue is well made, packaged up nicely when sent

I was concerned that the spring would either be too floppy (you couldn't play any shots with it) or too stiff (it played too much like a regular cue and be no use) but they really got it bang on the money, the spring is perfect

The cue definitely takes some getting used to. There is no doubt the real time feedback you get helps. It helped me identify some stance alignment issues which have helped my cue action enormously. I can now play just about any shot with the purecue , only have problems with a hard deep screw shot.

The purecue really helps you focus on a smooth cue action. What i have been doing is a 10-15 min warm up with the pure cue (not every practice session, but 3-4 times a week) and then switching to my playing cue. It has really helped and after using the purecue in warmup, i feel like i can't miss with my playing cue.

Alright, so the purecue can definitely help you see what faults you have in your cue action, but they you have to know how to correct them. I've got a background in biomechanics and have played a few other technical sports to a quite high level in my lifetime (Tennis and Boxing being the main ones) so i'm quite good at technical analysis. I used a videocamera to record myself using the purecue and was able to identify issues with my stance and alignment.

I would say if you aren't that good at self diagnosis of your biomechanics , then you need a coach to help you fix the problems identified by the purecue.

For this reason, i think the purecue is something every coach should have

Overall, if you have the spare cash, the purecue is a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks for the great review. Think I will take a punt with it and we'll see what happens. I'll hopefully be posting a review with the word "century" in it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxx Snooker View Post
      Thanks for the great review. Think I will take a punt with it and we'll see what happens. I'll hopefully be posting a review with the word "century" in it.
      =) At first You`ll need to perspire a lot!

Comment

Is it just a matter of gripping the cue as lightly as possible throughout the stroke? That way you do not apply any force that can bend the spring???

Comment

I thought it would be more about cueing back and through the ball dead straight at any pace so that if you dirrection of force was directly towards the point of the tip, then the spring would have no reason to bend.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
            Is it just a matter of gripping the cue as lightly as possible throughout the stroke? That way you do not apply any force that can bend the spring???
            Yeah! I think - this is the main principle. After training with my 360 cue, My grip become much lightly - I began to pot more balls. (especially on long potting distance)

And generally - the main "force" of potting (how I understand this) - it's RELAXING of whole body... =) :snooker:

Comment

Maybe a silly question but would you recommend this cue for a serious snooker enthuast and also how would you rate it out of 10 for it's training ability to cost ratio.

Comment

Sure, I would (especially for serious snooker enthuast ! =) My rate near 8... It's great training for long power shots. However nuance for me - the 360 cue a quiet heavier then my main cue, and after trainings I should get used to my main cue =) - but this is not main details...

Comment

Thanks. Think i'll go for it.

Comment

Thanks. Think i'll go for it.
                    I am quite seriously considering it too .. everthing I've watched and read makes me think it will be a big help.
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
                      Yeah! I think - this is the main principle. After training with my 360 cue, My grip become much lightly - I began to pot more balls. (especially on long potting distance)

And generally - the main "force" of potting (how I understand this) - it's RELAXING of whole body... =) :snooker:
                      I see! Thanks for replying nideKer.

I thought about this myself. Last night when I was practising, I was imagining my cue had a spring in the middle. I was trying not to apply any force to my cue whatsoever in the back or forward swing. i.e. If I felt the cue pushing against my grip in any direction, I would correct it.

This worked wonders for my cueing!

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
                        I see! Thanks for replying nideKer.

I thought about this myself. Last night when I was practising, I was imagining my cue had a spring in the middle. I was trying not to apply any force to my cue whatsoever in the back or forward swing. i.e. If I felt the cue pushing against my grip in any direction, I would correct it.

This worked wonders for my cueing!
                        Yeah! I think it's right direction of the practice!

Comment

I thought it would be more about cueing back and through the ball dead straight at any pace so that if you dirrection of force was directly towards the point of the tip, then the spring would have no reason to bend.
                          Maxx bang on mate, definitely not just about gripping the cue lightly

The purecue isn't that expensive so it is definitely a worthwhile purchase

Ive played whole games with it against mates for small money. Only had a couple of embarassing moments with it (jacked up hard screw shot didn't go down too well)

Comment

Hi Guyy

What website should i use to order one of the newer models?

Comment

Order from here mate

http://www.gravitycue.com/

You will get a new model

Comment

Working...
                              X