Coach neeeded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach neeeded!

Right then, I live in Matock Bath in Derbyshire and I need to find myself a decent coach who can strip me back to basics and start from there before I get too ingrained in my bad habbits. (Once I've got some cash in, that is!)

I'm willing to travel probably as far as Sheffield to get some much needed coaching as I really am desperate to improve my game and try and put right a lot of wrongs I feel I have.....

I really have no clue as to the cost of a decent coach or indeed as to who is a decent coach so I'm all ears!

Cheers.

Dwayne
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Hi Dwayne,

Did you sort your cue problems out?

Try Del Hill's site mate

Comment

Originally Posted by JayCho View Post
      Hi Dwayne,

Did you sort your cue problems out?

Try Del Hill's site mate
      I ended up bying a pretty cheap Peradon and Fltcher on piece Maple Truestroke off Ebay which I'm hoping arrives tomorrow as I've a match on Tuesday and want to get some practice in with it before then.

I'll have no decent money until I manage to get some work done over the next few monthsw so will have to make do with that until then, once I've got some money together I'll be seeking advice as to who to go to and what to buy but will probably take a trip up to Leeds and visit Craftsman.

I've had a look at Del Hills site and although I'm sure all those certified coaches are great, I think I might need some personal testiments to part wit hmy hard earned cash as the last thing you want is to end up with somebody who's either not up to it or you just don't get on with.

Comment

You could call Nic Barrow as he is really a brilliant coach. He helped me a lot and I am sure that he is going to help you too. He is based in Milton Keynes,I am not sure is how far is that from you,but that trip woud be extremely worthwhile for you.
        You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Most of Dels coaches are good, Gary Filtness in Romford is good, easy to get on with and was a good player.

Paul Rinaldi does alot with the paul Hunter Foundation and coaches at his club in Padiham near to Burnley, theres also a good B&B near by that does special rates for the snooker club.

Del Hill maybe worth saving some money for and going for a nice weekend on the farm.

Nobody is going to know if youll get on with these people as we are all different so a chat to them on the phone maybe a good start which will help you to make your mind up.

Comment

Two coaches spring to mind that are not far from Matlock Bath. The first is of course, Nigel Bond, who would give you lessons at his home in Old Tupton, fairly close to you. The other chap who I am having lessons from is Darren Presgrave of Worksop email presgrave@supanet.com Darren is a super guy, puts you at your ease from the start, knows his stuff, and usually finishes a lesson by going the extra mile and playing a frame with you. Not sure how much Nigel Bond charges now, but Darren is £20 for an hour’s lesson. I can give Darren my wholehearted recommendation, although I am an enthusiast, not a decent player.

Comment

Originally Posted by Linacre View Post
              Two coaches spring to mind that are not far from Matlock Bath. The first is of course, Nigel Bond, who would give you lessons at his home in Old Tupton, fairly close to you. The other chap who I am having lessons from is Darren Presgrave of Worksop email presgrave@supanet.com Darren is a super guy, puts you at your ease from the start, knows his stuff, and usually finishes a lesson by going the extra mile and playing a frame with you. Not sure how much Nigel Bond charges now, but Darren is £20 for an hour’s lesson. I can give Darren my wholehearted recommendation, although I am an enthusiast, not a decent player.
              I finally managed to get hold of Nigel's number, gave him a ring and had a good chat, just need to find some cash now!

Comment

Just returned from Del's snookerfarm with my son Michael. Really good time and relaxing surroundings. If you can't get on with Del then the problem is yours; he is a super gentle giant (6ft 9) and knows his stuff and how to share it with immediate results. Worth the money. Go to his website and fill in teh online form or send him an email or give him a call. Its a bonus if you like fishing as there is an impressive carp lake a short walk from the snooker room. I really recommend Del Hil and you won't be disappointed!

Comment

Working...
                X