Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split the pack from the baulk color

Hello,

I wonder to know how to correctly split the pack off a yellow or green ball for example.

I know it depend on the angle I have, but do you have any advice about this point?

Thanks!

The shot needs to be played with bottom left hand side . How much bottom and side will depend on the angle , it will also vary from speed of table , weight of balls etc , and may differ with different cues .

Theres only one way to find out and thats to put a bunch of reds up and practice disturbing them .

You may master it on your own table but it may be a different kettle of fish entirely on another .

Comment

I agree with hotpot. So much is depedant upon the cushion. On some tables, due to the cushion, you'll have to stun it with side, others screw. Lately I've found that I've had most success with the brown.

Angle wise, once again it depends on the cushion, but I usually find that having a narrower angle than normal is ideal.

Comment

Right side for the green, left for the yellow

Comment

Half ball brown plain ball my favourite seems to be a standard worker for all tables as not needing side and as previosly mentioned side reacts differently on each table... It's all about practicing the right shot, try not to leave yourself a shot to split them from the baulk colour if your not sure... Altho one thing you must make sure of, always pot the ball!!! Never do anything silly otherwise you'll miss, split the reds and probably won't get another shot in the frame...lol
          what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

Plain ball? As in dead centre striking? I've never tried that. I have always varied between stun and screw (once again) depending on the table.

Other thing is, you don't have to hit it all that hard. Obviously with the distance between the object ball and pack it looks like it, but as long as you get through it, it should be fine.

Also, I don't mind going into the pack from baulk. I seem to get better results than the black - bigger target, if hit right, better split, but you have to hit it.

Comment

I Practice Quite abit Potting Black into the Pack and the Blue into the Pack, You dont want to get in your head in Playing from Baulk Colours into the Pack if you can help it if there is No Other Option then go Ahead but dont do it delibrately.

I have a few Friends who also do Exactly the Same thing always goes up for Baulk Colours instead of Playing the Blue into the Pack or the Black into the Pack.

You could practice abit more from Yellow,Green,Brown into the Pack but my Advice would be Practice More from Blue/Black into the Pack.

Gaz.

Comment

Thats true. In all honesty I don't really try and split the pack per se. If the opportunity arises, I like to play like Reardon and J. Higgins - playing nudges and cannons and ideally finishing low on a red and running/screwing into the reds.

I've never had amazing success splitting/smashing reds via the black so I rather play for loose reds of play a soft cannon to loosen up a few more.

Comment

I had a situation tonight, I was on a red and the black was off its spot and the reds were tight so there was no point in playing for the black and I didn't have the right angle to get on the blue to leave a split shot. So I screwed back for the baulk colours to split the pack and it worked out lovely. Play the right shot at the right time:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X