cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    HSN just stick a video up describing what your doing, for those that can't get it, sometimes it's easier to get something if you see it.
    i agree, it would be good to see how your going about things hsn

Comment

• I ve been reading this thread with interest, some good points from, hsn, Coach Gavin, Terry, J6Uk, itsnoteasy and others. I've not really looked at my shoulder elbow alignment too seriously but maybe I will to see if there is anything in it.

what I can say I am struggling again for reasons that I can't put my finger on. I seem to have this massive discrepancy between practice and actual frame play. I come away from practice thinking everything is going well only to be knocked back in a game. its something I am in need to sort out because its effecting my confidence on shots that should be bread and butter.

with regards to Ted I wasn't sure either what he wanted to achieve by getting his shoulder behind his head, I'd swap with whatever his setup is any day, if he's making 50s, 60s and 70s that's great I haven't made a 50 yet and its been over a year since I got my 48.

i'll have to look at my alignment again because I have changed my grip and I have a sneaky suspicion it might have had an effect on other things

Comment

• What I wanted to achieve was............. To improve my snooker.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I think HSN is right, I believe the less moving parts the less can go wrong, also if you are inline you don't have other forces trying to pull your cue offline, but if I was knocking in regular seventies would I think it's this that's holding me back? Probably not, as to get to that standard my cue must be coming through online and straight, I would be looking for the reasons I brake down, if one of the main reasons was cueing across the line, fair enough, but I would be surprised if it was, as how could you cue well up to sixty or seventy, then cue across it.( not once in a while everyone will cue badly on occasion)
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think HSN is right, I believe the less moving parts the less can go wrong, also if you are inline you don't have other forces trying to pull your cue offline, but if I was knocking in regular seventies would I think it's this that's holding me back? Probably not, as to get to that standard my cue must be coming through online and straight, I would be looking for the reasons I brake down, if one of the main reasons was cueing across the line, fair enough, but I would be surprised if it was, as how could you cue well up to sixty or seventy, then cue across it.( not once in a while everyone will cue badly on occasion)
            Well, you can make 60-70 in the balls without having a particularly brilliant cue action. If your shot choice is good and you stay in close range, you've never got many tricky pots anyway.

If you want to get to regular 100 break standard, you'll probably need to fetch balls off cushions and sacrifice pin point position on the next ball, which would then require superior cueing.

Comment

• Still no one has told me that if it is the 'secret' to consistent snooker, why don't all the pros adopt this approach?

ROS, Hendry, Reardon - 19 world titles without elbow being on line.

Comment

• I don't mean to come across like an arse when I say you can have 60-70 without many difficult shots, but it's just how it is really. Snooker is massively about positional play.

Joe Davis "snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection."

Comment

• Truth is Ted ,you are so so nearly in the right position any way, it is minor tweaks in your stance(from my point of view) and your coach will fix this in seconds, if that's what you ask him to do. You won't find it uncomfortable or get sore, I don't understand where that comes from, so I wouldn't fret over it, and when you knock in that clearance let us know, best of luck.

Comment

Truth is Ted ,you are so so nearly in the right position any way, it is minor tweaks in your stance(from my point of view) and your coach will fix this in seconds, if that's what you ask him to do. You won't find it uncomfortable or get sore, I don't understand where that comes from, so I wouldn't fret over it, and when you knock in that clearance let us know, best of luck.
                    I agree mate. That's all I ever wanted to be honest. I was never talking about this "perfect alignment", I was just saying that my shoulders were quite square on the shot, which was unusual. It was hsn that moved it all in the direction of "perfect alignment". All I ever said was that I wanted to look "more conventional" on the shot, because that can't be a bad thing.

I'll see how the coaching goes on Friday.

Comment

• Let us know how it goes, are you going for an hour,two, or more?,
                      To be fair to HSN, if your after better alignment you may as well try to get it perfect.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 16 July 2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        All I ever said was that I wanted to look "more conventional" on the shot, because that can't be a bad thing
                        Why do you care about how you look , surely it's about how you play. If I was knocking in breaks of 60s and 70s regular I wouldn't give a monkeys how I look. As long as I'm playing well.

Comment

• I think it's human nature Alabadi, we all like a tinker lol. Even pros tinker around, the grass is always greener so they say.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                            Why do you care about how you look , surely it's about how you play. If I was knocking in breaks of 60s and 70s regular I wouldn't give a monkeys how I look. As long as I'm playing well.
                            When I could make 20s I wanted to be able to make 30s. When I could make 30s I wanted to make a 50. When I could make 50s I wanted to make 70s etc.

Comment

Truth is Ted ,you are so so nearly in the right position any way, it is minor tweaks in your stance(from my point of view) and your coach will fix this in seconds, if that's what you ask him to do.
                              I think all Ted needs is to experiment a little with the placement of his left foot in order to turn his body to get his right shoulder on the line of aim. That last picture shows that he doesn't in fact have a square stance like he led us to believe but has a boxer stance that needs the left foot placed wider and further forward.
                              Exactly where is down to this coach to find, but I'm with you itsnoteasy, he could very well muck up his natural stance and with it his sighting for something that's unneccessary and then this coach could have a cash cow to milk every friday for a long time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                                They also go hand in hand. There's a reason why most of the top pros won't look like me. That's because there's a better way to do it than I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X