No announcement yet.

cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best leave this thread now. It's going nowhere.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      I think all Ted needs is to experiment a little with the placement of his left foot in order to turn his body to get his right shoulder on the line of aim. That last picture shows that he doesn't in fact have a square stance like he led us to believe but has a boxer stance that needs the left foot placed wider and further forward.
      Exactly where is down to this coach to find, but I'm with you itsnoteasy, he could very well muck up his natural stance and with it his sighting for something that's unneccessary and then this coach could have a cash cow to milk every friday for a long time.
      I think that's exactly what the coach will do, at most turn his left foot out a fraction and bring his right foot forward a fraction. From Teds side on view he doesn't seem that far away. Have I got that the wrong way round? I'm a lefty so I'm trying to think like a righty lol.
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 16 July 2014, 02:50 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        I think that's exactly what the coach will do, at most turn his left foot out a fraction and bring his right foot forward a fraction. From Teds side on view he doesn't seem that far away. Have I got that the wrong way round? I'm a lefty so I'm trying to think like a righty lol.
        Yeah, wrong way round but on the right path. And once that's done he will have to turn his head further into his left shoulder to get that right eye over the cue or he won't be sighting naturally.
        Still, according to Terry people use whatever eye they do purely for comfort in the stance so it shouldn't be a problem for Ted to switch to left eye sighting if he can't get his neck around it.

Once started these tweaks 'can' be never ending and very destructive as well as expensive.

Comment

• Fair enough. I'll carry on doing what I'm doing. I've cancelled the coaching.

Cheers guys.

Comment

• Sorry Ted, didn't mean to upset you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Sorry Ted, didn't mean to upset you.
              I never get upset mate lol. Just being silly.

Comment

• Good lad, you'll be fine, and if it were me I would do it, but I'm pish so don't have anything to lose lol.

Comment

• I get you, of course everyone wants to improve including me, however it's not about how good you look playing it how you play, if you get what I mean.

Looking awkward and making 70s is better than Looking pretty and only making 20s. I mean have you seen Barry Pinches he looks as awkward as they come, however he's still a good potter

Comment

• What about looking good and making 130+ breaks? Is that better than looking bad and making 70?

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      What about looking good and making 130+ breaks? Is that better than looking bad and making 70?
                      Very well said mate. You're definitely going in the right direction. What remains to do now is just to make some minor adjustments to your new setup which I'm sure you'll be able to manage in matter of days.

Your cue arm is looking tons better than before.

Would you like to share how the new setup plays?

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                        Very well said mate. You're definitely going in the right direction. What remains to do now is just to make some minor adjustments to your new setup which I'm sure you'll be able to manage in matter of days.

Your cue arm is looking tons better than before.

Would you like to share how the new setup plays?
                        Yes mate no problem. Gonna keep working at it and let you know.

Appreciate all the help buddy! Cheers.

Comment

What about looking good and making 130+ breaks? Is that better than looking bad and making 70?
                          That's even better

Comment

• I was looking at a pic of Walter Lindrum . . .

Walter Lindrum2.jpg

He could play alright
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I used to have the attitude a couple of years ago where I was scared to change anything. I'd think that because I could make the odd 50, that if I messed about with things, I wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

As time has gone on though, I've changed my stance, changed how slowly I pull the cue back, got a more deliberate pause at the back etc. God knows how long it's actually taken before I felt "comfortable" doing the new things. It certainly doesn't help the first time you try something, and it doesn't help that week, and probably not that month. But in the end, it will help.

I've only been playing 3.5 years properly. If I look at old video, my cue action is so quick. It just looks like I'll miss any second. So are you saying at the time I should have just said "well that's how I bring the cue back, so that's how it's gonna stay"?

At the end of the day, I'm not gonna forget how to pot balls just because I've tweaked something a bit.

There's a reason why all the top players play in a "similar" way. You can always pick somebody that does it slightly differently and gets results, but MOST of the top players have things is common.
                              This is a great post
                              Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                              My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Yes mate no problem. Gonna keep working at it and let you know.

Appreciate all the help buddy! Cheers.
                                I hope you're going good Ted. I've been thinking about your case and viewed some videos of Steve Davis at his prime. I must say that you should take a look at them. You'll definitely find some very helpful ideas regarding your stance and alignment.

Here are the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGGFMTHgi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgnAIsPY8hA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-M6B9OabFI

I've noticed that you place your feet not as far apart as Steve or Trump or even myself. The most important thing to note in Steve's stance is that he stands in such a way that his elbow and shoulder both align automatically without contorting himself too much. Notice the direction of his toes and angle of his shoulders. He plays with his cue wrist slightly turned outside.

There is a lot to learn if you watch closely enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X