cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Yes mate no problem. Gonna keep working at it and let you know.

Appreciate all the help buddy! Cheers.
    Managed a couple of clip photos for you as well. Will post more when free.

Comment

• i took some pics yesterday of myself cueing the blue to the middle and i have to say my elbow is not inline with the cue, however when i play the blue i do pot it center pocket each time , even follow through the white follows into the same pocket.

so i am not sure now how significant this is, if i try to straighten it up like Ted would it effect my game although at the moment i'm not in a good vain of form.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
        i took some pics yesterday of myself cueing the blue to the middle and i have to say my elbow is not inline with the cue, however when i play the blue i do pot it center pocket each time , even follow through the white follows into the same pocket.

so i am not sure now how significant this is, if i try to straighten it up like Ted would it effect my game although at the moment i'm not in a good vain of form.
        Yes a good alignment of BOTH the shoulder and the elbow with the cue significantly improves cuing accuracy.
        The benefits are visible on long pots and during pressure shots.

The top most benefit is that you don't have to worry too much about cuing straight: your cue has a less chance to go offline with a quality alignment.

Comment

• Went for coaching today. He told me not to change anything at all. I cue very straight and find the middle of the white well.

He did give me a couple of tips about my bridge hand on run through shots and a couple of other things. But generally don't change anything.
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• who did you see?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              who did you see?
              Andrew Highfield

Comment

• you went to the academy so see him then

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  you went to the academy so see him then
                  Nah. He coaches at my local club in Bilston.

Comment

• IMG_3461[1].jpg IMG_3466[1].jpg I've read this thread and thought i'd try it out myself, just wondered if these two pictures were showing if i'm doing it correct or not? feedback would be very much appreciated, I understand these things won't make me a 147 maker over night but I've been playing quite poorly whilst adopting this technique, is this just transitional and will it pass, and eventually make me better or shall I revert back to my previous technique, thanks.

Comment

Went for coaching today. He told me not to change anything at all. I cue very straight and find the middle of the white well.

He did give me a couple of tips about my bridge hand on run through shots and a couple of other things. But generally don't change anything.
                      So you quit trying to hide your shoulder or what ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                        So you quit trying to hide your shoulder or what ?

Who knows what's the best thing to do. I've got 14 opinions on here. Then there's the coaches opinion (he's just stood next to me and watched me play).

Without the power of hindsight, it's hard to know what will work out being the best decision.
                        Last edited by tedisbill; 18 July 2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• you'll need to put up a vid of you potting some balls josh to get proper feedback. maybe you could try and clear 15reds between black and blue to give an overall view of where your at

Originally Posted by JoshDyson147 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16670[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]16671[/ATTACH] I've read this thread and thought i'd try it out myself, just wondered if these two pictures were showing if i'm doing it correct or not? feedback would be very much appreciated, I understand these things won't make me a 147 maker over night but I've been playing quite poorly whilst adopting this technique, is this just transitional and will it pass, and eventually make me better or shall I revert back to my previous technique, thanks.

Comment

• well you can only go with what you think is right, and if you take in everyone's view on here, then you really have got problems

Comment

• Don't ever listen to a thing I say, I like to join in, but I wouldn't advise anyone to listen to my gibberish, hopefully that narrows it down to thirteen.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Who knows what's the best thing to do. I've got 14 opinions on here. Then there's the coaches opinion (he's just stood next to me and watched me play).

Without the power of hindsight, it's hard to know what will work out being the best decision.
                                To be honest you had started to look tons better. Its up to you to keep playing with your old style or try to make it look proper.
                                Both have merits to them.
                                Did you tell the coach that you wanted to look more conventional?

Comment

Working...
                                X