cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    This is the best one I've got I'm afraid. This is when I was trying to get my shoulder behind my head.

http://s30.postimg.org/l9xf2clmp/photo_1.jpg
    ted, do you feel like your cueing straight consistently, feel good down on the shot and are you really improving? or are you very inconsistent in your form, technique and feel like your game is not going anywhere?

Comment

Jamie Cope's cue action does not look very good. Tip does move to left during final stroke and grip hand to right (I have same problem altough I don't get same result).

I have noticed, when I cue along the cushion or when I have to lay over the table to reach the CB, I do feel I cue much straighter. Maybe the reason is what hsn is saying. I'll have to try his advice when I get back to table next week.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        ted, do you feel like your cueing straight consistently, feel good down on the shot and are you really improving? or are you very inconsistent in your form, technique and feel like your game is not going anywhere?
        I feel like I'm a bit stuck in terms of improvement. When I play a session I'll have a couple of 50-60 breaks most times. Yesterday when I played I had a 65 clearance and a 77 break. But I've been at this level for about a year now.

But it just feels like there's room for more consistency in my cueing. I can be awesome, or I can be average.

So my thinking was, the next stage for me is to look as conventional on the shot as possible. There's got to be a reason that all the top guys play like they do, and not like I do.
        Last edited by tedisbill; 11 July 2014, 12:41 PM.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I feel like I'm a bit stuck in terms of improvement. When I play a session I'll have a couple of 50-60 breaks most times. Yesterday when I played I had a 65 clearance and a 77 break. But I've been at this level for about a year now.

But it just feels like there's room for more consistency in my cueing. I can be awesome, or I can be average.

So my thinking was, the next stage for me is to look as conventional on the shot as possible. There's got to be a reason that all the top guys play like they do, and not like I do.
          okay well unless there is a medical issue i see no reason why you wouldn't be able to achieve a more as you say conventional setup..
          so you do look flat, square on the hips and i can see from your pic that your bridge shoulder is right up by your cheek bone. i think if you dropped the left hip whilst pushing through your left foot so you you've got some weight over it and its supporting you and your line, then bring the chin to your chin area as you turn the shoulders and this should get the right shoulder up.
          if you can load the pic again onto tsf so i can lift it off, i will manipulate the pic so you can see how you should look

Comment

image.jpg

Cheers J6. See if that's worked.

Comment

no i can't drag it off. maybe if you cropped the pic so you get rid of that undeveloped black bar at the top, i might be able to grab it then

Comment

What are you using to grab it?

Can you not just do a print screen on a computer? Or hold your finger on the image until it says 'save image' on iphone?

Comment

What are you using to grab it?

Can you not just do a print screen on a computer? Or hold your finger on the image until it says 'save image' on iphone?
                  i'm just trying to drag it on to the desktop on the laptop, then i'd move you around in photoshop

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    i'm just trying to drag it on to the desktop on the laptop, then i'd move you around in photoshop
                    If you PM your email I could email you?

Comment

image.jpg
                      Just spotted this now on one of Nic Barrow's videos. Although his shoulder is pretty much hidden, it definitely is not directly on the line of the shot like Ding's is.

I'm confused now.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16616[/ATTACH]
                        Just spotted this now on one of Nic Barrow's videos. Although his shoulder is pretty much hidden, it definitely is not directly on the line of the shot like Ding's is.

I'm confused now.
                        His elbow is not on the line of aim either and I know Nic likes to think it is as I noticed it the last time I was with him and he said he was going to work to fix it. Maybe the photo is a little older as that was about 3yrs ago.

He teaches having the elbow right on the line of aim but he doesn't have anything regarding the upper arm being on the line of aim. If you think about it having the upper arm on the line would mean you would have to have the cue underneath the armpit rather than against the chest so I wouldn't worry about that part of it.

Just do the best you can to get the shoulder behind the head. The cue should touch the chest about 2" to the right of the nipple and slightly higher, but definitely NOT under the armpit.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I'm not really sure what your after here Tedisbil, you can obviously play, and you can't make regular breaks like you do if you can't push the cue through straight, so what is it you are after?. Remember it's not just a case of one change, it could affect entirely how you cue, is it worth the risk, it might not be as easy to go back to what you know if you start tinkering, I'm not saying don't do it, just be careful what you wish for.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            I'm not really sure what your after here Tedisbil, you can obviously play, and you can't make regular breaks like you do if you can't push the cue through straight, so what is it you are after?. Remember it's not just a case of one change, it could affect entirely how you cue, is it worth the risk, it might not be as easy to go back to what you know if you start tinkering, I'm not saying don't do it, just be careful what you wish for.
                            The goal is just to be as good as I can possibly be.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck with it.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                I wish you the best of luck with it.
                                My technique has changed loads over the last two years. If I look at video from 3 years ago, I cue nothing like I do now, and I also, made nothing like the breaks I do now.

The way I see it, is it's a never ending project to constantly improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X