cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    nothing like a kitchen workout to see you right, and a nice toasty oven to get the elbow moving. looks better. how does it feel?
    What I can see from this angle you may have to move the tip of your elbow a bit away from your back for further improvement but a front photo is needed for the advice. But you are definitely going in the right direction.

Let me put it by another example. Your upper and lower arm should be like if you fold it in front of you trying to touch the tip of your shoulder with the nail of your thumb, then your upper and lower arm, your grip and the shoulder, everything aligns vertically parallel to each other. You'll notice there's no jutting shoulder because it's leveled with your upper arm, and your lower and your grip are already level with the upper arm.

Comment

Mine is outside the nip lol, but my hips are further round(more over towards your left leg) which brings my bridge shoulder over a wee bit and my grip shoulder back a wee bit, I don't think anyone has mentioned this
      ( apologies if they have) but I feel the shoulders have to work as a team, it's not about pulling just one into place, for me it's a little bit with one and a little bit with the other, not leaving one where it is and trying to get the other to do all the work , they all work with the feet and hips as well.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        I am having a bit of trouble trying to understand fully what you're talking about. Would you please put up 3 pictures for me, one from directly in front where you are in the address position and aiming directly at the camera, showing from cueball to top of elbow, one from the grip hand side showing from top of elbow to hips and one from directly behind showing feet to top of elbow.

My alignment has the chest as close to the vertical as I can get it with the top of the arm parallel to the cue, the elbow right over the cue and the shoulder hidden behind the head and I think that's about as good as you can go.

Terry
        I'll provide some photos later . I'm just trying to say that your shoulder is not aligned with the cue. If it is aligned with the cue the upper arm automatically follows suit.
        And it is only possible by playing
        at 10 'O clock to where you may be facing.

Comment

Right here's the latest pic after following the advice from hsn and itsnoteasy.

http://s27.postimg.org/st8g6eis3/photo.jpg

What does that look like?
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
            Right here's the latest pic after following the advice from hsn and itsnoteasy.

http://s27.postimg.org/st8g6eis3/photo.jpg

What does that look like?
            Please point your cue a bit more to the left and move the tip of your elbow slightly away from your body.

You are still not facing angular enough to the line of the shot. Be in a position as if you would be cuing across your chest.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
              Ted mate,

Set up a straight blue into the middle pocket from the green side of the table with the cue ball about two feet from the blue. Take what would be your normal standing position, right foot on the line of aim, but then move your feet so that your body is square on to and facing the yellow pocket.
              Turn your head to face the blue, turn your left foot also to face the blue while keeping your right foot facing the yellow pocket, do not turn your body to face the blue and get down into your stance with your body facing the yellow pocket and your head and left foot turned to face the blue.

This is the classic 45 degree boxer stance and will put your shoulder behind your head as you will then be pointing your cue across your body.

If you find that you can't play this way then revert back to your natural style and simply concentrate on not dropping the shoulder into the stroke before the strike.
              Very good advice indeed.

Comment

Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                Very good advice indeed.
                Tried this extreme. Doesn't make any difference. I still look exactly like in that picture.

Comment

Ted go back to post 31 by HSN and look at the two pics of Steve Davis, look at his hips in relation to his grip arm, then look at yours, see how much more he has got his bum and hips over. Also he has his back a lot flatter, this may help as well .
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 July 2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Ted go back to post 31 by HSN and look at the two pics of Steve Davis, look at his hips in relation to his grip arm, then look at yours, see how much more he has got his bum and hips over. Also he has his back a lot flatter, this may help as well .
                    Yeah cheers just looked at that. Yeah I'm nothing like he is at the moment. I look all cramped up in my stance really.

I'm gonna look great on the shot after this. Won't be able to pot a ball, but I'll look great.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      Yeah cheers just looked at that. Yeah I'm nothing like he is at the moment. I look all cramped up in my stance really.

I'm gonna look great on the shot after this. Won't be able to pot a ball, but I'll look great.
                      Yep that's the route I have gone down lol,

Comment

• Right. What about this little fella:
                        image.jpg

Comment

Tried this extreme. Doesn't make any difference. I still look exactly like in that picture.
                          You still face in the direction of the shot Ted. Do the position in the photo once more just point your cue to 10 O clock direction instead and move your elbow slightly out.
                          What you are doing wrong here is that you are still playing at 12 O clock and not across your chest.

Comment

Right. What about this little fella:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16624[/ATTACH]
                            You have moved the cue away from your body but still facing in the line of the cue. You must either face to the right or staying in the same position just point your cue to 10 O clock. You are still playing into 12 O clock direction.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                              You still face in the direction of the shot Ted. Do the position in the photo once more just point your cue to 10 O clock direction instead and move your elbow slightly out.
                              What you are doing wrong here is that you are still playing at 12 O clock and not across your chest.
                              Put in other words keep your position but play towards the length of the table.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                                You have moved the cue away from your body but still facing in the line of the cue. You must either face to the right or staying in the same position just point your cue to 10 O clock. You are still playing into 12 O clock direction.
                                Face to the width of the table and aim towards the length of the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X