X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Right. What about this little fella:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16624[/ATTACH]
    wear a different coloured top to your hair(piece) so we can see the shoulder behind your head(hair)
    seriously though it does look better than before
    question is it feeling comfortable or very strange to you?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      wear a different coloured top to your hair(piece) so we can see the shoulder behind your head(hair)
      seriously though it does look better than before
      question is it feeling comfortable or very strange to you?
      PMSL!!!!!

I hadn't noticed my hair!

And no, it feels absolutely horrible to me. Everything hurts. I can't get it right. Even if I face totally away from the shot.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

PMSL!!!!!

I hadn't noticed my hair!

And no, it feels absolutely horrible to me. Everything hurts. I can't get it right. Even if I face totally away from the shot.
        When did you face away from the shot mate? Even though you may feel facing away you actually don't. You don't need to pull your shoulder up that much if you just face really away from the shot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
          When did you face away from the shot mate? Even though you may feel facing away you actually don't. You don't need to pull your shoulder up that much if you just face really away from the shot.
          I've been trying it for hours here. Tried exactly what you said, face the width of the table, then cue down the length of it. My shoulder is still popping out. It's absolutely bending my mind, it just looks so simple, but for some reason, I just can't do it.

Comment

• I looked for that Jack Karnehm video on YouTube , about the line of aim but I couldn't find it, I think it would help here, if anyone knows where it is, it shows him twisting his hips to get himself in the right position.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              I looked for that Jack Karnehm video on YouTube , about the line of aim but I couldn't find it, I think it would help here, if anyone knows where it is, it shows him twisting his hips to get himself in the right position.
              Yeah I've seen that. I'll have a look now. Although he uses the old style stance in that video and I don't want to do that.
              http://youtu.be/iP4RvZJMPd8

Comment

Yeah I've seen that. I'll have a look now. Although he uses the old style stance in that video and I don't want to do that.
                http://youtu.be/iP4RvZJMPd8
                Now I got it, you don't want to do the classic stance. In that case you can't do the perfect alignment without straining your shoulders and spine. You ought to begin with an exaggerated classic stance and gradually get it squared over years.

Can you post a photo in which your are facing the width of the table and aiming towards the length of it please.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                  Now I got it, you don't want to do the classic stance. In that case you can't do the perfect alignment without straining your shoulders and spine. You ought to begin with an exaggerated classic stance and gradually get it squared over years.

Can you post a photo in which your are facing the width of the table and aiming towards the length of it please.
                  Can't do anymore pictures tonight now. I think I'll have a go down the club again tomorrow. I'll start with the more traditional stance to begin with.

I've actually thought that maybe my problem is that I stand too close to the table. I've got almost all my weight on my right leg I think. I think that could be a cause of some of my problems.

Comment

• all right mate good night.
                    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    Can't do anymore pictures tonight now. I think I'll have a go down the club again tomorrow. I'll start with the more traditional stance to begin with.

I've actually thought that maybe my problem is that I stand too close to the table. I've got almost all my weight on my right leg I think. I think that could be a cause of some of my problems.

Comment

• yeah dropping the left hip automatically puts weight over your left support leg, turns the shoulders into the shot and frees up the cueing arm

Comment

• cue arm&shoulder

Don't stress over it. It is better than before. A couple of tips from my coaching experience. One is that many players who get their elbow in line start pulling their elbow in behind the head. Its the shoulder that needs to move begins the head and then the elbow will follow. Concentrate on the shoulder. Secondly forget your feet and concentrate on getting your chest side on to the shot. You still have it pointing down too much. Once the chest is right the rest follows. Good luck!
                        coaching is not just for the pros
                        www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Right here's the latest pic after following the advice from hsn and itsnoteasy.

http://s27.postimg.org/st8g6eis3/photo.jpg

What does that look like?

I've marked your photo for yet another try to get you aligned.

First get in the same stance and position as in this photo.

Note that where the red and the yellow lines are touching lies the extreme of you shoulder. The aim here is to align your upper arm with your shoulder first.

In order to do that you have to move the tip of your elbow out as marked far enough to reach the green triangle. Your upper arm will automatically follow and fill the gap between the red lines. KEEP YOUR SHOULDER STILL AND IN PLACE WHILE MOVING THE ELBOW.

Next re-place your bridge hand in the marked circle and slot the cue in it. Your cue should now be pointing down they yellow line.

Finally, turn your head to the left and sight down the brown line. And point your left toe in the direction of the aim.

Bingo! Now take a photo from in front of your cue line. You should have achieved the perfect alignment. In case you are not still perfect try adjusting your left foot while remaining down.

When you turn your head as pointed your fore-arm and elbow come right behind your head and you achieve the "perfect alignment"

Comment

• I've pointed out the mistakes.
                            Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Right. What about this little fella:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16624[/ATTACH]

Comment

You have the cue running almost under your right eye and that's why it's natural for you to have a square stance. If you want your shoulder right behind your head then you will need to adopt the Hendry stance, which calls for an extreme twist of the spine while standing with both feet square to the table with the body pointing at 45 degrees away to the right of the line of aim.

Use the directions I gave earlier for the classic boxer stance but instead of moving the feet to face square on to the yellow pocket, keep the feet square to the blue, move the left foot about two feet further to the left and twist your body from that position to face the yellow pocket and turn your head to face the blue and get down into your stance from there.
                              This will put your shoulder behind your head but will put a strain on your spine that you could get used to or it could be detrimental to your back muscles and/or ligaments, discs and vertabrae.

The real point is this though Ted,
                              if you don't drop your shoulder into the stroke before the strike then all is OK anyway and those 70+ beaks that you're making with your present stance show that nothing is really wrong with how you play at present except for dropping the shoulder on those pressure balls, and that's what you should be working on.

Comment

• image.jpg

There's today's latest attempt. You'll have to excuse the fact that I look like I've just woken up.

Comment

Working...
                                X