Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Stretch over the Table Correctly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stretch over the Table Correctly ?

FIRSTLY PLEASE NO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SPOILERS - i am patiently downloading and watching the championships so am a few days behind.

Sorry about that, ok here is my question

Can anyone link to any videos or give me some tips to lean over the table correctly ? I can't seem to do it quite right. You know where you see the pros have one leg in the air like they are a dog having a pee pee. It's the ones where you are stretching from the side of the table i find hard. I am in good shape, flexible enough so it's not cos i'm a fatty, my technique just isn't quite right.

thanks

I don´t know, but I think it´s down to practice. I can´t find any kind of balance with some of the shots they are taking. One thing that especially makes me wonder is how on earth Mark Williams can control the shots when he has his cue below him. No other player plays that way.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

hi peterpackage, i'm not good at shots when leaning over the table but i think it's important not to lose the line of aim, i.e. walk into the shot, put the cue in place while keeping the line of aim before getting down onto the shot.

btw, which site are u watching the championships from? it's gonna take months,if at all for it to be aired over here.
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Step 1, choke up on the cue if required. By this I mean shift the grip hand up the cue until there is anywhere up to 1ft or more out the back. This lets you get the grip forearm into a vertical position, even when over the table and using elevation. You may even want to be forward of vertical, especially when power is not required.

Step 2, place a firm bridge hand on the table, as many fingers down into the bed of the table, firmly, as possible.

Step 3, find a position where you are not having to constantly adjust your balance, if you can get a knee/leg onto the table to brace yourself, good.

Step 4, play the shot and concentrate on cueing smoothly and driving the hand into the chest.
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Working...
        X