Practice Routine/Drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Routine/Drills

I know we've been here before but does anyone have any structured set of routines for practicing.
    I don't mean a single practice routine but a series of routines or has anyone used the Nic Barrow routines and have they helped. I feel the need for a more structured set of practice but can't decide which to use or whether I am doing the right ones etc.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Noticed a few bits at the below the other day - haven't had a proper look but might be helpful

http://www.dunns-cues.com/pics/Senior.pdf

Comment

Nic's routines are pretty good but some of them are quite advanced

Comment

Snookergym has some, so does Fergal O'Brien's website
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks, had a quick look at that and it is the type of thing I 'm looking for.

Comment

I am of a reasonable standard - better in practice than in a game but I can get 90's and tons in line ups and regularly get 30s and 40s in games with mates. My highest break is 59 but I can also get 60's on a practice routine. I ve looked at the Nic Barrow routines samples but wondered whether anyone had experience of them.
            I've also been on Fergals website -I think I am a bit lazy really and could work out a set of routines for myself but you wonder if you're doing the right thing.

Comment

Better than using any website would be seeing a coach, who could look at your strengths and weaknesses and recommend practice routines that would help you improve in places you need to. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAce View Post
                Noticed a few bits at the below the other day - haven't had a proper look but might be helpful

http://www.dunns-cues.com/pics/Senior.pdf
                Some great routines there, i will be putting a few of them into practice for sure....

Comment

Originally Posted by 57varieties View Post
                  I am of a reasonable standard - better in practice than in a game but I can get 90's and tons in line ups and regularly get 30s and 40s in games with mates. My highest break is 59 but I can also get 60's on a practice routine. I ve looked at the Nic Barrow routines samples but wondered whether anyone had experience of them.
                  I've also been on Fergals website -I think I am a bit lazy really and could work out a set of routines for myself but you wonder if you're doing the right thing.
                  I'm starting to collect quite a bit of Nic Barrow's stuff and everything I have so far is excellent. For a structured series of routines and things to practice I would recommend his "How to Make a 100 Break", excellent stuff. This sounds like the sort of thing you are after.

Comment

Thanks your the first one to mention the Nic Barrow stuff, I'll have another look.
                    I do practice quite a lot but it does become hard work keeping the variety going and the concentration so any variations or structure is helpful.

Comment

Had a look at the Dunns link, there's some good practise routines there. Will most definitely be trying a few of them Good luck with the practise.
                      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                        I'm starting to collect quite a bit of Nic Barrow's stuff and everything I have so far is excellent. For a structured series of routines and things to practice I would recommend his "How to Make a 100 Break", excellent stuff. This sounds like the sort of thing you are after.
                        I'm off to have some coaching from Nic on sat......
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Oops..... sorry I double posted!!
                          Last edited by coomsey76; 26 May 2011, 06:35 PM. Reason: double posting....
                          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Let us know how you go !

Comment

I've been using http://www.snookergames.co.uk/ under the sub heading tuition. Also been using reds across the middle as instructed by my coach, pot them into the bottom corner pockets. Score 2 for a pot, for a rattle in the jaws score 1 and for a miss score 0. Seems to be working well and I am defenitely seeing an improvement in my game.

Regards
                              PB Break of 21 encounting.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Comment

Working...
                              X