Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Dunkley Chandlers Ford

Hi all,

Just thought I would write a thread about my experiances with Tim Dunkley at Chandlers Ford Snooker Club.
    I traveled from Portsmouth to Chandlers Ford by train, which took me around 40 minutes. There appears to be a shortage of Snooker coaches in Portsmouth for some reason. After going to the social club [which was the wrong club] due to me not knowing the area so well. Tim kindly informed me that he was waiting for me at the right one just around the corner.
    After formal introductions which Tim appeared very friendly, Tim asked me about what sort of experiances I had with the game of Snooker, I informed him that I had played socially with my brother and practiced a few hours alone with no real direction.
    We initially got to work with Tim viewing my Cueing action. He said to start with my base was good, but he had a few suggestions to correct a few things based on key princibles to increase my consistancy. Within one hour I was hitting the ball straight over the spots. He also told me the art of hitting the ball softly [dead weight] which I found very difficult. I was pleasantly suprised how little you have to hit the ball to make it do somthing.
    He showed me a few routines including the line up and the Line up of all 15 reds across the middle of the table to pot them into the bottom corner pockets. For a successful pot score 2 points, for rattling the jaws 1 point and for missing 0.
    After tweaking my feet position and my elbow on the line up I achieved my highest break of 13, my highest previously was 8. In the space of 3 hours Tim had helped mould a comfortable stance for me. To which I will continue to practice.
    My solo practice sessions have now got direction and I am really looking forward to practicing the routines and stance tweaks Tim has shown me. To mould them in solid.
    I am very pleased with Tim and I shall defenitely be going back to him in a few months. Tim's prices are £15 per hour, which includes Table prices. I thought this was very reasonable, He said he will give me a written review of what we covered and a score sheet in an e-mail, once he has his internet up and running.
    I would strongly recommend Tim and Chandlers Ford Snooker Club, the Club is well looked after and the staff are very friendly. It is also worth a special mention on the younger generation of players down there. The amount of youngsters aged around 12 and 13 was excellent and a refreshing sight, from the dominant phrase [ The Game is dying] That is defenitely not the case in Chandlers Ford.

Regards Jason aka Microwavekoala

Thanks a million Tim, I'm thoroughly chuffed with the progress I had with a 13 break in 3 hours and I hope to hit the pracitce table running.
    PB Break of 21 encounting.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Actually did a WPBSA course with Tim a few years back. Great bloke! I have heard that good things are happening down there especially with the youngsters. Like you say good to see!
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
    X