Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Down!

Hello everyone!

Fist time I´m posting a question here. Hopefully anyone can help...

Every time I´m playing a deep screw, my head moves up by several inches. I just can't get this out of my system. Grrrrr.
    Can someone give me a good routine / coaching advise how I gan get this bad habbit out of my system?

Point 2:20 in this video is an example of what happens.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdXvvwWlvyQ

Thanks a lot!

Hmmm. sorry I forgot that I've asked this question before...
    ... but I'm still struggling...

Comment

If that is you on video doing the 147 practice line-up I wouldn't worry! If I could do that I would give up my day job and become a professional!!

Comment

Don't know what to tell you. There's a bad head lift on a black ball at 2:35 and I can't see why that's happening except your grip looks a little tight and you are not allowing the back 3 fingers of the grip to release and be pushed out of the way by the butt at the end of a long backswing.

So, try gripping the cue with just the forefinger and thumb and keep the back 3 fingers loose even at the address position and keep them loose throughout the whole backswing and delivery. Also, on a power screw shot it appears to me as if you are speeding up your backswing so try and keep it SLOW and SMOOTH.

Last but not least, use the swing thought I use - 'KEEP YOUR $#&*@^! CHIN ON THE CUE AT ALL TIMES!!!

When I forget to do and think that swing thought I play really bad and when I remember it and am keeping my chin on the cue and thus my head and shoulders still I play really well

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

i find that extending the bridging arm slightly forward in the address position will shift the body weight slightly to the front... and that may restrict the head from bobbing up.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Thanks 4 the compliment! I wish I could.....

Comment

Thank you!
              I'll try to work this out in my next practise session this week:
              1. Loose grip with just the 4finger & thumb. Release back 3 fingers.
              2. Slow, smooth backswing
              2. Chin on cue during the cue action

- SoI'll let you know if it works.

Comment

Thank you!
                I'll try to work this out in my next practise session this week:
                1. Loose grip with just the 4finger & thumb. Release back 3 fingers.
                2. Slow, smooth backswing
                2. Chin on cue during the cue action

I'll let you know if it worked out.

Comment

I'll try it this week. Hopefully this works.
                  Thanks!

Comment

The black at 2:35 that Terry mentions, it looks more like the entire body lifts. Also, there is an enormous wrist twist, initially on backswing you appear to be rotating clockwise, turning the hand away from the body, and then on delivery you reverse that, right over until the back of the hand is angled toward the floor. There is a very slight twist on all the shots I have watched so far, 5 or so.. even on the soft shots there is a tiny rotation.
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

turn up:

One thing I forgot to mention, and this will take a bit of work. Slow down your backswing (in practice) until you feel it's WAY TOO SLOW and I think you will find you are better able to manage to keep it absolutely straight and will also be able to manage the wrist flexing that nrage mentions (and I seem to have missed),

You could also try to change the grip a bit and move the cue a little more towards the fingertips which will force a wrist cock and that will help in stabilizing the wrist. The wrist should remain still in both planes both on the backswing and delivery but more importantly on the delivery of course. Do not tighten the grip and if anything loosen it even further when you experiment with this really SLOW backswing

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thnx. Well noticed. I´ll try to keep my wrist straight.
                        Hope I can work this out...bad habits can be difficult to overcome.

Comment

Alex Higgins lifted his head nearly every shot.
                          Nice lineup 147.

Comment

Working...
                          X