Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What and how to I ensure the correct stance..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What and how to I ensure the correct stance..?

Good morning.

Been playing on my mind when I've been playing recently, and as a beginner i'm unsure on how to know if my stance is correct or not.

Wondering if people could post some advice so I can get this nipped in the bud before I practice bad habits?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Craftsman custom cue - 58" long 3/4 jointed 9.5mm tip 18.5oz plain black ebony with ash shaft

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...nce#post589301
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

There isn't a correct stance. Or rather there is, and that is the one that suits you and you feel comfortable in.
      Mark Allen plays with the Boxer stance. Ronnie O plays with the square on stance. I prefer the square on, because of my age now, in the Boxer stance, the back of my thigh on my front leg feels stiff, and the last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable.
      Ok if you are right handed --- the right foot should be pointing toward the shot you are going to make and the leg should be straight. The left foot should be about 12 inches (Alan Mcmanus says 18 inches, so it depends on your height) apart, or as I play, about shoulder width. The left knee should be slightly bent. If you are left handed then its just the other way around.

Of course, there is a lot more to it than that, but I find many coaches totally baffle and confuse players who, like yourself are new to the game. That is the basic grounding for a stance. A couple of other quick points to remember. When you go down to play the shot, move the body to the cue, not the other way around. Practice the stance as above, and see how you get on. Make small adjustments so that you are comfortable.

Comment

Working...
      X