Bridge hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge hand

Hi guys, recently i have noticed that when i put my bridge hand on the table
    to address the cue ball most of the time it is dropping on the right side of the
    cue ball, then i have to re adjust and bring the tip to the center of the cue ball.
    I was wondering what could be the cause for this ? is it wrong stance or wrong
    aliment ?
    I have been playing for last ten years, Highest break 85, right handed,left eye
    dominant,
    Any suggestions could be helpful .

It may be a matter of where you're placing your right foot. Try moving the fight foot just a small bit to the left but remember to have it right under the cue.

Also, when you are dropping down into the shot make sure your eyes remain on the object ball until your bridge hand is on the table and behind the cueball. Too many players look at the cueball as they get down and this can throw you off a bit.

Other than that it could also be you are getting down on the shot incorrectly. When you find the tip on the right side of the cueball do you stand back up and get down again or do you just make an adjustment while you are down on the shot? If you make the adjustment while you are down on the shot then you will never learn how to get the cue centered on the cueball correctly. You must stand back up and get down again

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry you are right, i am putting my heel on the line of the aim, that is resulting in iam being more centered on
      the shot i think i need to be slightly off centered ,move my rt foot to the to left . But i am concerned about dropping
      my head straight down on the shot, if i move my rt foot to the left a bit it is invariably resulting in dropping my head down from left to right while walking into in to the shot.

Comment

Isn't the answer to that question a little obvious? You have 2 choices, either lean over a bit more to keep your head on the line of aim or else twist the hips a bit more to keep the head centered.

Some people find the leaning over method to be a bit hard on the lower back and it might promote a strain but twisting the hips and bending the left leg while still standing up to keep the head on the line of aim is easy on the back and works well (it's what I use as I find the leaning over a bit uncomfortable).

By the way it is the laces of the right shoe (in other words the arch of the right foot) that should be directly under the grip hand. In your case you might want to try having the toes of the right foot under the brip hand which in effect would be moving the right foot slightly to the left as I originally recommended

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
        X