My Personal Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Personal Stats

Hi I am a new member around these parts, and i have a question. I read somewhere on here that it is a good idea to keep track of your stats .... so how do i do that then ? i have started by making a table on my laptop using word,and keeping track of the day and length of time I have played for and also my highest break on that day, but i would really like to try and get some more info about my game, if its possible . does anybody else do this or have any idead about how i could get more info. cheers.

A couple of useful ones:

Place 15 reds in a line between the two middle pockets and play straight shots from the baulk line into the black corner pockets. Score two points for a pot and one point if it hits the jaws.

Line-up exercise. Place the colours on their spots. Place 15 reds in a straight line down the middle of the table: two above the blue, seven between blue and pink, five between pink and black and one below the black. Ensure they are evenly spaced and that the pink pots into four pockets. Start from wherever you want. Re-set the balls every time you miss. Have 20 attempts and record each break and then calculate the average.

Place the colours on their spots. Start wherever you want. If you miss, don’t go back to the beginning. Replace the missed ball and place the cue-ball in the best possible position and continue from there. Otherwise you end up practising potting the yellow and hardly ever get a chance on the pink and black. When you get to the black, replace the other five colours. Then try and get from the black to the yellow – and keep going. Record how many successive pots are made in each attempt.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Wow thanks for the tip, ill definatly give those routines a blast next time im at the hall on my own. I've never bothered putting all 15 reds in a line before, I usually just put four reds between pink and black and try and clear the table, getting from brown to blue is a bit tricky at the moment lol. Sounds good thought, might imorve my break building and give me another target to conquor. Thanks alot.

Comment

If you are keeping diary of your matches I did it for 7 years. Just wrote date, opponent, score and breaks of 50 and above (or whatever). Really helped. Gave me loads of targets to beat - highest break of year, most breaks in a match, how many breaks per month, how many breaks per year, which players I played better against. Also allowed me to adjust my cue action and keep an eye on the results. I never kept a record of routines but it is a good idea and I would highly recommend it.
        coaching is not just for the pros
        www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
        X