Aiming, what should I be looking at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming, what should I be looking at

The cue ball or object ball or does it not matter.

I seem to allways look at the cue ball but people have told me to look at the object ball.

So what do i have to look at?

Thanks
    Liam

object ball. The pause in your cue action allows your eyes to switch up from the white to the object ball. However there are players that look at the white on delivery especially on long pots but I would recommend you look at the spot on the object ball you are aiming the white at.
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
      object ball. The pause in your cue action allows your eyes to switch up from the white to the object ball. However there are players that look at the white on delivery especially on long pots but I would recommend you look at the spot on the object ball you are aiming the white at.
      thanks for the advice

Comment

I aim for the object ball.. when feathering I would already set myself where to hit on the cue ball. during the long pause i would look at the object ball.

Comment

Sometimes, when I get into a certain frame of mind or in "the zone", I don't really see the balls clearly, but they go in nonetheless and I just get on with figuring my way around the table and picking the balls off. Strange.

A neat "trick" I learnt while reading through this forum was to look at the cue tip on the final backswing to ensure that I'm pulling back straight before switching back to the object ball then push through. It puts distracting thoughts away and that helps in my concentration. Also, thinking of a long, "lazy" cue action helps in getting my stroke timing back especially when I tense up and all sorts of bad things start to happen; grip, snatch, movements, etc.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads went to the club this morning and it improved my long game dramaticly still needs getting used to, but once I can do that my game should improve

Comment

You have your own cue ?? try to get use to one cue ~~ also helps ~~ ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                Sometimes, when I get into a certain frame of mind or in "the zone", I don't really see the balls clearly, but they go in nonetheless and I just get on with figuring my way around the table and picking the balls off. Strange.

A neat "trick" I learnt while reading through this forum was to look at the cue tip on the final backswing to ensure that I'm pulling back straight before switching back to the object ball then push through. It puts distracting thoughts away and that helps in my concentration. Also, thinking of a long, "lazy" cue action helps in getting my stroke timing back especially when I tense up and all sorts of bad things start to happen; grip, snatch, movements, etc.
                Ya, looking at the tip/cue on the backswing is an excellent method. I'm fairly sure Murphy does this to ensure a straight cue action.
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Looking at the ferrule coming back during the backswing was a trick told to me by Steve Davis in order to help me develop a rear pause, something I want to do but have never been able to do.

It does help the player to backswing slower and straighter, which is a really good thing and it also helps with a rear pause as long as the player isn't tempted (like me) to rush the shot. I'm still working on it though

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

when watching john Higgins or mark Williams during a break it would appear that they look at the Cueball and flick their eyes to the object ball after they've struck the white. I think that the object ball would make more sense. in darts for example you wouldn't look at double top if you were going for treble three! I've been re reading Steve Davis's blog posts recently and have come to the conclusion that as players we worry to much about these things. we're forgetting to play the game!
                    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Working...
                    X