Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in my shoulder

Hi guys

I keep getting a pain in my shoulder when i have played for a long time, just wondering whether anyone else gets this pain. I play left handed my right shoulder hurts if that helps.

same here...dono whats the problem too..

Comment

RSI i expect. Too much of the same thing will eventually do damage....

I get a painful knee (left knee, im left handed) after a few hours play. Currently messing with my stance to relieve it....
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

but none of my friends had pains..we played for the same number of hours..some even longer..lol

Comment

Some people are affected by muscle pain more than others. You may have some injury from doing something else perhaps.

Comment

Same thing here.. It only happens when i play more than 4 hours or so. Starts to hurt like hell and wont seem to ease at all.
            Im guessing it's because i play in a really low position and i tend to tighten myself too much for the shot and stretch the bridge arm as long as possible.
            "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

With respect to your bridging arm, the right arm with you being a left-handed player, do you have this arm very straight or do you have it very tense, or a combination, when down on the shot?
              If very straight, then allow the elbow to relax and kink slightly outwards.
              If very tense, then allow the whole arm to relax a bit.
              Are you particularly tall? If so, may be bend you right knee a little bit more and allow the right foot to be a little more forward and outward. This will turn the hips further round which may relieve the shoulder.

I am not saying that one, or all, or any will help your predicament but could be worth a try.

Obviously if you can get to a coach in person it would be better to assess your stance.

All the best
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle

There is lot of moves can support your body.
                For example about shoulder,

Even very small weights can help you so much and keep man moving weights,not weights moving man!

Comment

Keep body muscles at balance

There is lot of moves can support your body.
                  For example about shoulder,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotator_cuff

Even very small weights can help you so much and keep man moving weights,not weights moving man!

Comment

All this talk of snooker related pain my neck/shoulder has started hurting!

Comment

It is most likely a Repetitive Strain Injury (as said ^) but being cuased by something on your right side being to tense and causing a strain after a longer time. Try and relax the right side of your body and as recommended if you play in the Joe Davis style with the bridge arm 'thrust out straight' then bend the elbow a bit and also place some weight on the elbow and forearm for stability.

Whatever you do, make sure it is comfortable for you and don't make the mistake of trying to get to whatever you feel is the 'ideal' position just because some of the pros do it. Everyone has a different physique and what is comfortable for some is not comfortable for others.

For deepscrew, to relax the knee joint try turning the toes of your left foot outwards at an angle, the same as you would if walking. Do not try and point the left or right foot parallel to the line of aim as that is too hard on the knee joint. The foot should be angled outwards perhaps 20-40degrees from the line of aim.

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

thanks terry I will give that a go... My right foot has always pointed out and I've been trying to get everything parallel lately after seeing a few youtube coaching vids. Ill give the left foot pointing outwards a go tomorrow!

Comment

i don think having the foot at parallel and at an angle to the line of aim affects much..though a lot of coach says be parallel i have nv been parallel cause its weird and uncomfortable

Comment

It is wierd for sure, but i actually played better in parralel that not. Seemed to cue straighter which is i suppose the point!

Comment

i think that you should try to first identify the pain . is it joint pain or comes from muscle? . if it's muscle pain maybe a problem of stance or so.
                              i personaly have sometimes pain in my shoulder but it's joint pain like arthritis or joint inflammation and playing for many hours can be painfull

Comment

Working...
                              X