Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg position when using a rest

Hi,

I am right handed and when i play with a rest, lets say white is on blue spot.

Can anyone teach me, if my right toe should be align with the rest and cue, or left leg, or both? Such that right leg is stepped forward and left leg is backward?

I feel very unfortable with rest and alignment, i think my legs are not correct, can someone show me some directions, thank you

On Nic Barrow's coaching DVD, he says to find the best position when using the rest is to have the rest and your cue on the table without the white or any ball at first. The legs position is dictated by your upper body position, get that right and your legs should naturally find their best alignment to maintain that position.
    Put the rest and your cue on the table as if to play (but not playing at any ball), then slide the rest and cue to left and right around the table which will tell you the position that is comfortable for your upper body and hips, then adjust your legs to a complimentary position to maintain that comfort.
    Nic advocates a straight vertical left upper arm (for a right-handed player) with the left forearm alongside the rest shaft which continues the same straight line from the forearm/hand and this left upper arm/shoulder carries most of your weight of your upper body so you have a stable motionless position.
    Once you have a reasonably comfortable position, remember it, move away from the table and then go back directly into that remembered position and address the rest and cue (again with no cue/object ball) see if it is still comfortable, make adjustments, slide the rest/cue again to the left and right to see if it still the best comfortable position. Repeat until the position becomes second nature.
    Then practise with cue ball and then with an object ball so you can go into your comfortable position at the correct angle for the particular shot.
    All the best
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
    X