twitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twitch

Ihave a twitch on short shots a bit like dart-titus find it difficult to some times let cue go, as anyone any remedy or drill to try and rectify this??

Yes i,ve suffered from this muck especially when close to the cush . This has been discussed here and i belive its caused by bad timing that that affects your confidence , and lack of confidence affects your timing and the end result is the twitch .

I overcame it by letting the cue go when intended no matter what . Dont worry about form or potting balls just concentrate purely on timing and cueing smoothly .

If you play in a team it can be even more frustrating and embarrassing but you have to persevere otherwise if you stop competing you,ll just make it more difficult when you start competing again .

Just try and relax and concentrate on the timing , it may take a while and you,ll have a few hiccups and will sure to be frustrated , i,m sure you,ll come through it though .

Comment

The key, as hotpot says, is to concentrate on playing the shot as smoothly as possible, and driving right through to the chest (as Terry always says). Do these two things on every shot (except roll ups where you barely play a 'shot' at all). Even on short/soft shots.

I play with the variable back swing length method of power/timing, vs the long back swing with variable acceleration. With the variable back swing method, I pull a short/soft shot back very little, stop/pause for a fraction, then accelerate forward (in the same way as I would on a longer shot) and keep going until my hand hits my chest.

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that with a short back swing they have to accelerate faster, which would be true if you actually wanted the same cue speed as a longer back swing, but you don't, so don't. The acceleration should begin very slowly, and gradually build. It kinda feels more like a "squeeze" or "push" than a "hit", if you get my meaning.

Because it's a short back swing the cue has barely accelerated when it hits the white, and because the white leaves the tip fairly quickly the "drive"/continued acceleration has no effect on the white itself.

What it does, is make this shot identical to every other shot you will play giving you much more consistent timing and feeling, and no twitch, snatch, or trouble firing. In addition, because your intention is to drive, from the outset, you will find yourself cueing the ball much straighter and with more conviction/confidence.

If you have to cue one off the rail, as hotpot mentioned, I find the bridge where just the fingertips are on the rail is very useful for lengthening the space and back swing distance, at the expense of stability. But, with practice and well positioned fingers you can make it almost as stable, and then the extra length is very useful.

This video is helpful for those off the rail shots:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/neilmaxm...16/nrZYwUVgHwY
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

confidence plays a big part in this and the more that it continues the more it changes to something that you think and worry about when taking a shot.
        I do a lot of work on these issues and own padiham snooker centre near to burnley, if you think that i might be able to help and fancy a chat feel free to get in contact.

http://www.mattandrewsmentoring.org/...onfidence.html

Comment

Working...
        X