My Hypnotherapy CD Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hypnotherapy CD Diary

Hey all again, im creating this post to record of diary with my success with a snooker hypnotherpay CD. The reason i am doing this is to see whether these cds are able to improve my snooker play. As many of you may know, i have posted several times on this subject, so ive decided to find out for myself. Unfortunately i do not have the funds to go see a proper hypnotherapist on a one to one basis, so i have plumped for this cd

http://www.rickcollingwood.co.uk/hyp...te-snooker.php

Currently my standard of snooker is suffering due to my confidence and my fear levels. I have had several coaching sessions on the previous 4 - 6 years, and have been told by them all that my technique is of a good standard, however, my problem lies in my belief inmyself. I have always said that when i play, it feels like there is clouds in my head which results in me failing to relax and achieve my potentional. Furthermore, my anger levels increase and lead to a vicious circle.

I currently play snooker in the Swansea League, and only get to practice a few days a week, so im taking this diary as the average club player, not someone who is lookign for championships, but someone who is looking for a level of consistency and club level.

I have been told that this cd needs to be listened to everyday for a month, then as and when i feel like i need to, so for the next duration, i will keep a diary of my progress

Good luck with it chap!

I look forwards to reading as to how you're getting on with it!
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

I'm also looking forward to your evaluations as you get on.
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

hey all once again,

Day 1: I decided to purchase the MP3 version of the hypnotherapy session, and as such, i have now downloaded it onto my mobile phone so i have it with me all the time, that way, i can now try and get a session in everyday for a month at least.

I had my first taste of the session this morning, around 9.30am. I was left alone in the house as the girlfriend had gone to uni, so i decided this was the perfect opportunity to wack in my headphones, lie on the bed and give it a go. The session waa around 50mins long from what i could tell, and it seems to repeat itself a few times, however, the bloke who is doing the talking does have a great voice for relaxing you.

The only thing i found hard was stopping my mind wondering, i seem to have a very overactive mind, so i tried hard to just relax and focus on the mp3. The session was focused just on snooker, and was not a generalised session which could be applied to any sport. After my first session i do few a keen hungry to go out and play snooker, i do feel a determination in me, but i suppose that is always going to be the case at first. Unfortunately i will not be able to play snooker until thursday, so hopefully i can get in another few sessions before then.

However, on the plus note, i do feel like i want to prove a point when i next go and play, the session does seem to tap into a desire to overcome this "I cannot attitude".

Anyway, i will update you all thursday after my first session playing snooker since commencing with these hypnotherpay sessions

Comment

hey all once again,

Day 1: I decided to purchase the MP3 version of the hypnotherapy session, and as such, i have now downloaded it onto my mobile phone so i have it with me all the time, that way, i can now try and get a session in everyday for a month at least.

I had my first taste of the session this morning, around 9.30am. I was left alone in the house as the girlfriend had gone to uni, so i decided this was the perfect opportunity to wack in my headphones, lie on the bed and give it a go. The session waa around 50mins long from what i could tell, and it seems to repeat itself a few times, however, the bloke who is doing the talking does have a great voice for relaxing you.

The only thing i found hard was stopping my mind wondering, i seem to have a very overactive mind, so i tried hard to just relax and focus on the mp3. The session was focused just on snooker, and was not a generalised session which could be applied to any sport. After my first session i do few a keen hungry to go out and play snooker, i do feel a determination in me, but i suppose that is always going to be the case at first. Unfortunately i will not be able to play snooker until thursday, so hopefully i can get in another few sessions before then.

However, on the plus note, i do feel like i want to prove a point when i next go and play, the session does seem to tap into a desire to overcome this "I cannot attitude".

Anyway, i will update you all thursday after my first session playing snooker since commencing with these hypnotherpay sessions

Comment

Quick update...

Iv listened to my mp3 every night since ive purchased it. Feel quite confident and determined... However im going for my first few games today, so il let you all know how I get off

Comment

Hi again... So I played 5 frames today, early this morning. Won 3 lost 2. 2 of the frames were against the best player in the club, I won 1 against the best player, potted well and had a 32 break which broke down due to a kick. However, in the other frames I didnt notice any obvious changes in the way I play. The time I had the 32 I believed it was only due to me conciously trying to relax and keep my eyes fixed on the spot after I cue"d the shot.

Anyway, so far, no noticeable improvement besides me not getting angry so quick. Hopefully things will improve as it says it needs to b listened to everyday for a month.... So lets see how it goes lol

Comment

Not getting angry so quick is a definite improvement, and not an easy one to make - as changing unconscious reactions like that are often difficult.
                "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                - Linus Pauling

Comment

Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, into my eyes....Now send me £25 and I'll post you a magic rock that'll make you play the best snooker ever....and wake up!
                  I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

But if that magic rock is enough to install confidence in you..... 25 is a bargin

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
                      But if that magic rock is enough to install confidence in you..... 25 is a bargin
                      I know of some rocks you can get for £25 that will make you the most condent player ever, come down not so good though!
                      One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

So im currently on my 5th night tonight listening to my MP3....

I played several frames today, both singles and doubles. I started off terrible, however i think that was because the room was cold and i couldnt relax, however, once i warmed up i start to relax again and cue'd really well in a few frames, kinda instinctual, very relaxed and fluid. However, again, i feel it was because i was conciously thinking for myself to do it.

Anyway, i have my first doubles tournament game tomorrow, so hopefully i will see a consistency tomorrow, and me relaxing. See how i fair under a little bit of pressure, whether i say relaxed

Comment

So im currently on my 5th night tonight listening to my MP3....

I played several frames today, both singles and doubles. I started off terrible, however i think that was because the room was cold and i couldnt relax, however, once i warmed up i start to relax again and cue'd really well in a few frames, kinda instinctual, very relaxed and fluid. However, again, i feel it was because i was conciously thinking for myself to do it.

Anyway, i have my first doubles tournament game tomorrow, so hopefully i will see a consistency tomorrow, and me relaxing. See how i fair under a little bit of pressure, whether i say relaxed

Comment

Well what can i say......... all went to bits......... zero confidence, zero positivity...... rubbish. It still feels like im playing with clouds in my head on every shot...... out of the tournament in a pile of flames lol

Decided im going to see a coach

Comment

Lol unlucky mate, no substitute for practice and competitive play, throw that cd in the bin

Comment

Working...
                              X