Snooker Cue Tip to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Cue Tip to use

I find that most times the cue tip becomes shiny and smooth [-] I chalk the cue tip for every shot and it has become part of my shot preparation [-] I use the corner of the chalk for chalking from the center of the tip towards the edges of the tip [-] I have observed this phenomena irrespective of the tip I use [-] Presently my cue has laminated Omin Tip 9.5 mm [-] Whereas I see other players cue tips are quite rough and have the bite whereas my cue tip miscues despite regular application of chalk [-] This has really become an irritant due to miscues particularly when the cue ball is flush with the cushion or playing over balls, to such an extent that in such positions my confidence for success of the shot is negative [-] I have tried frequent roughening of the tip with a good quality nail file even [-] Can somebody point out what am I doing wrong? Vish

Dont think you,re doing anything wrong , most laminated tips do need a little scraping with sandpaper etc now and again so that the chalk adheres to . You,re friends are probably using different tips or rough them up now and again .

Just carry a bit of sandpaper , not too rough around 300 grit and place on the tip and turn the cue around the paper .

Comment

Try some Kamui chalk - expensive but good on laminated tips.

Comment

Hi Vish, as Hotpot mentioned earlier, laminated tips need a bit of roughening up now and then. You might even want to consider buying a tip pick to lightly rock over the hardened tip... it will soften the tip up a bit and make it more receptive to chalk.

But have you tried those cushion shots with a different, softer tip? If the miscue still happens, might be a technique issue... if so, don't be overly ambitious with such shots as they become insanely tough if you overdo them... keep it simple, just a nice smooth gentle push through will do.

Hope this helps...
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I stopped using the laminated tips because the chalk would not grip and i thought that this was throwing the white ball .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
          X