laser eye surgery and playing snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser eye surgery and playing snooker

Hi, guys, i am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. i am thinking of undergoing laser eye surgery, and a great part of the reason is playing snooker. I know some snooker players have tried it, such as Steven Maguire. By the look of it, it is pretty good. I was wondering if anyone here has also undergone this type of treatment and would not mind sharing some of their experience after the surgery.

thanks in advance.

I know a few people that have but they both need reading glasses still.

The quality of the correction really does depend on the type of problem you have.

Tiger Woods and many other sporting pro's have had it so it cant be all bad!
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I will have my eye surgery in two months....PRK....the doctor said PRK need more time to recovery but its more safe in comparisson with lasik. What type of surgery you are going to do dl126 ?
      Highest Match Break: 58 - Six Reds
      Cue: Brazilian Bented cue 9.5mm - Tip hard as hell

Comment

A player in another pool league team had it done last year, he had a very high prescription for most of his life and he said that it was the best thing he has done, for his game as well as life in general, but he did say one thing and that was do not believe the "price from" adverts (in the UK many from them start from £395 per eye) as this is the lower end technology, he said go for the best technology you can (I think this means the Lasik and Lasek and he had both) which bumped the price up to just over £1000 per eye but he said it was worth it and literally the following day he could see without any correcting lenses pretty well. He does need reading glasses but his long distance has now settled very well, after some initial "sparkles" he used to see.
        All the best to you and keep us informed as to what you decide and how it works out.
        I have releatively low prescription and have always thought about having the laser surgery, so I would be very interested on the results.
        Please get other professional advice not just my hearsay :snooker:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

My optician also said be wary of the price. Once you add on all the essential extra's the price sky rockets.

Technology has come on in more ways than anyone could have thought in just 20 years. I am happy with contacts now and then wait for a no mistake solution to come out.
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I've been rolling this idea about in my head for some years. The procedure is supposedly quick, safe and rather affordable, the results I heard are often good. But if it's so good, why do I still see so many opthalmologists wearing glasses? Therein lies the contradiction and the reason for my hesitancy... so meanwhile...
            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Got the surgery 5 years ago. No complaints whatsoever. What others have said about the price is true -- just like cars and cell phone plans when you start buying better quality and more options price starts going up quickly (and since you're likely to have only one such surgery in your lifetime the marketing strategy aims at making you feel bad to not take the better & [apparently] safer options available at the time you get your surgery done).

Re: playing snooker with it: I haven't missed a shot since then! Seriously I wasn't playing at the time I had the surgery but since I started again last year I haven't noticed anything different from before (other than having a perfect vision that is).

Comment

Got the surgery 5 years ago. No complaints whatsoever. What others have said about the price is true -- just like cars and cell phone plans when you start buying better quality and more options price starts going up quickly (and since you're likely to have only one such surgery in your lifetime the marketing strategy aims at making you feel bad to not take the better & [apparently] safer options available at the time you get your surgery done).

Re: playing snooker with it: I haven't missed a shot since then! Seriously I wasn't playing at the time I had the surgery but since I started again last year I haven't noticed anything different from before (other than having a perfect vision that is).

Comment

hi, gulliver, was it lasek surgery you did?

Comment

Originally Posted by Noelcwb View Post
                    I will have my eye surgery in two months....PRK....the doctor said PRK need more time to recovery but its more safe in comparisson with lasik. What type of surgery you are going to do dl126 ?
                    i am not really sure yet, but i have had the idea for a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Noelcwb View Post
                      i am not really sure yet, but i have had the idea for a couple of years now.

Comment

My friend had both eyes done, he has great eyesight now but his snooker game has not improved since having it done.

Comment

Working...
                        X