No announcement yet.

My Tilted Straight leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks coach. I have noted it well down and shall do that today and adjust accordingly keeping comfprt in mind. And well I also dont have any clue about my bridge arm strain just thought that it might be because of putting more weight on the right. As I am bulky and FAT indeed I might have more of a tendency to imbalance.

Thanks again and I shall try to get this sorted out.

By the way, since last two days I am again back to my form and playing the standard that I guess I am. How? Just no idea.No clue at all. When I play like this, the way I am since last two days can you believe I forget about grip, stance, technique etc as if everything really becomes automatic for me. I just am really really scared that it will suddenly go away you know as it has happened to me every time. I play like this for three-four days and then start struggle for another 6 weeks to get those 4 golden days of mine.... EVerything assured coach... if that happens this time again no more anguish; I promise
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Sidd:

That happens to every player who has ever played the game, even ROS and Higgins. About the only players I know who have sustained their high standard over a longer period are Steve Davis in the 80's and Hendry in the 90's but us mere mortals have to live with that all the time.

The only difference I see between us and the likes of the good pros is they will be motivated and also get a lot more practice than the rest of us along with most likely having a more consistent cue delivery

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Very right Coach. You are absoltely right in qouting that. Davis and Hendry have had their own decades and even they saw the downside when this game did not allow them more than a decade. Who could have thought that Davis might not rule the 90's or that Hendry would not be the king of the 2000's. This proves the "consistency" point very well.

OK just as per my fears I have had a taste of it again just as I was fearing that my game would go down than my usual standard it did happen to me again. This is now becoming funny for me and rather than getting frustrated I have sort of started enjoying this phase as well. I was being my usual best form and I stayed there for four (4) days .. now thats not bad eh ... and then I went to the club on Saturday at 4 o' clock and played briliantly non stop until 9. Now I should have stoped there 5 hours in a row is a limit but well I was enjoying so much that I could not stop and continued for just just another hour but that was the hour when my game went away just like that and I ended up struggling with a single red. Anyway I knew I was tired so immediately went home and went in the club next eve on sunday and played just 4 frames only to find out that hmmm its back again So I need to hold on to myself here and just relax and see what has caused this sudden shift of 90 degrees.

But there is a difference for me now. Previously I used to think I am good then why has this happened. But now I have your advice well in mind-it will surely happen. I guess its becasue of not delivering the cue straight for some reason as I miss by miles and not inches. So all I need to do is get my FOCUS back and deliver the cue straight. Previously I used to alter grip stance etc etc but now I know its not that my technique is faulty but its only that my delivery needs to be straight and my focus has to be won again...!!!

Lets see how I play tonight will update!

Comment

Sidd:

As I'm almost 67 years old getting tired is something I have to live with every time I play a tournament as we usually play 3 best-of-7's on the Saturday. I know fatigue comes out in the technique and usually with me it's a shorter backswing and too rapid acceleration and the only thing I've found that helps is to take a little more time and also between shots do a little yoga deep breathing exercise for 3 or 4 breaths. (in through the nose and out through the mouth).

I find this helps to take away some of the tension. Some of the other problems that crop up are me tightening my grip and also for some reason not looking at the object ball as I get down into the shot.

So right now in practice I will be working on switching over to a longer backswing (while also working on slowing it right down in order to keep it straight and smooth) which is one of the reasons I developed a shorter backswing over the years as I couldn't keep a longer backswing perfectly straight but didn't realize what I was doing.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Exactly Coach, right on all accounts again. I have been experiencing similar things for instance tightening of the grip before time and yes I also have this problem that when my focus is out I sort of just look at the object ball without the spot in mind but just sort of look on and am hence not concentrating on the potting angle and hence miss everything...

Focus is hard to achieve and even harder to keep achieving.

Comment

I am a right handed player, with my stance, i keep my right leg straight by locking my knee backwards into place, my right foot is twisted left about an inch or two, my left leg is about 2 maybe 2 and a bit fett left of my right leg, and is slightly forward, my left legs foot is slightly facing left to the parralel with my right foot, my left arm is bent so that my shoulder does not touch my face/chin, as for the ballence of my stance, my weight is slightly on my right leg because i twist my body to the right hand side to also lock it into place, this makes my left leg look like its directly left of my other leg. so my body is twisted at about 25degrees maybe more, this ensures that my cueing arm has a lot of freedom as my right hand is inches away from my hip.

Comment

Working...
              X