Dress code amateur level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress code amateur level

Maybe not a coaching question but do any clubs (Amateur Level) still uphold the Dress Code (Waistcoat e.c.t, for important matches ?. ( Fancy myself in a John Virgo Special ).

Originally Posted by denja View Post
    ( Fancy myself in a John Virgo Special ).
    Its a free country so you can wear whatever you want i think in amateur level, but if you are looking all sharp and putting your chalk in the waistcoat people will be staring at your cue action and will expect you to knock in a century.

sometimes even if you have a JP leather case people think you must be a decent player thats why you bothered to invest so much into your game. Went to JP's shop in forest hill the other day, found a bloke form thailand placing an order for his ultimate, i asked him whats your maximum break?
    He proudly replied "23".

Comment

The reason I asked is I just wondered if there were any old time warp type clubs left ! at one time Women could not enter the Snooker Room. As for the waistcoat I think I will stick with Primark.
      Last edited by denja; 19 January 2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Every amateur tourny will state if there is a dress code , some may be totally relaxed and other may state trousers and polo/shirt etc .

Comment

In my regional league here in France, we have the choice of using either the club polo or the shirt/waistcoat. However, for any national tournament, shirt and waistcoat are mandatory.

But as you stated Hotpot, the dress code is announced prior to any serious tournament anyway.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

o sorry mate, thought you just asked the question for fun so i thought lets crack a joke, the thai bloke still makes me laugh.

I have been to many clubs in london, and as far as i no there is no dress code what so ever.
            But i have seen some good amateurs like Sean O sullivan wearing polo shirth tucked in with smart trousers while playing tournament.

There is a very posh pool club in Cetntral london i want to try next week, they wouldnt let you in unless you are wearing a suit!!! (even if you are ready to pay their £20 entry fee!!!)

Comment

In the Welsh Tourny's down here You Must Wear! Trousers, Shoes, Long Sleeve Shirt in Opening Rounds - Upto you to wear your Waist Coats etc some do Especially if they have Welsh Ones!....lol

In the Final of some Tourny's they want you to Wear Waistcoat and in the Final of Welsh Championship its a Must.

Comment

our local league has dress code of trousers and shirt for all finals...in the yorkshire league its supposed to be the same,however this is not always stuck to by some players.
                H.b.142

Comment

Working...
                X