Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Well done on reviving a nearly 6 year old thread
    It doesn't matter how old post was. These all pieces I would spend fortunes on from a coach. aha.

Comment

I am just watching Mark Allen in the final of the current competition and I'm particularly interested in his grip. It is EXACTLY the grip that I use and my game has improved considerably since I started using the much more relaxed grip. This week I have had breaks of 33, 37 and 40 which is pretty good for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
        The cue needs to go back along it's original plane without lifting up. The only real way to do this is to open the grip and also allow the back elbow to drop on long backswings.
        wow nice comment. saw my coach many times but never told me to drop the elbow on long backswings. is it something that we have to do ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          The v grip refers to holding the butt with the upper part of the forefinger and thumb which is the 'ideal' grip taught by most coaches, however a lot of the pros use different grips and for the most part none of them are the same although a lot of them use one form of the v grip or another

Terry
          i use v grip when i pull the cue back, and on delivery i only close the last 3 fingers and relax the forefinger and thumb like ronnie. its better grip then before since it has removed the squeezing. should i stick with this grip , i mean its mixed grip of v grip when i pull back, and relaxed forefinger on delivery

Comment

Originally Posted by davisskeggsm View Post
            Opening up your fingers at the back allows you to cue in a straight line without lifting up the cue and brining it out of line, however the grip between thumb and index finger should remain tight
            Matt
            wow no one actually told me that before, i used to relax everything on backswing. so how tight you mean it should remain?

Comment

Originally Posted by 15yellows View Post
              wow no one actually told me that before, i used to relax everything on backswing. so how tight you mean it should remain?
              I'd like this explained a little more just to clarify.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X