controlling aggression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
    i studied a psychology degree and most of frueds "sexual theories" have all been disproved..... but its similarities in people like this that do make me have some belief he was on the right lines. i think its more me been annoyed with myself leading to anger than just my dad as it happens no matter who i play
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2x_DI7tzNQ

Ring any bells ?
    Of course you'd want to kill him

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
      Hmmmm, words of wisdom... words of wisdom... how about "Anger leads to hate, hate to suffering."

Sorry, couldn't resist... but I think maintaining a positive outlook in life helps. Think happy thoughts...
      Yoda 4tw

Comment

You're a degree level student who can't spell Freud? Or use a capital letter to start a sentence?

Now, if that made you mad - learn to control it like an adult, instead of losing your temper like a child. Just remember, every time you lose the plot in public, people look at you and think - who's that idiot?

And if this hasn't helped, try to remember that keeping control of your emotions is every bit as important as cueing straight, keeping your head still, or pausing on the back-swing. If you want to be a better player, try and act like a pro, and one day you might play like one.
        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

I think basically all dads have an innate ability to leave nothing at all when they miss. You see him miss a pot by a mile, you see the cueball rolling towards the spread reds and you're sure you're going to get a nice easy starter and then all of a sudden there are a couple of cannons and you're tight on the cush or snookered or cueing over two balls and now you don't even have a decent safety to go at and you know whatever you play will leave him in.

In this situation I pick a distant red and hit it as hard as I possibly can and hope for the best. On one of these shots the other day the white left the table and was still going when it reached the wall about 50 feet away, which personally I think should count at 4 scored rather than 4 away.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman:626513
            You're a degree level student who can't spell Freud? Or use a capital letter to start a sentence?

Now, if that made you mad - learn to control it like an adult, instead of losing your temper like a child. Just remember, every time you lose the plot in public, people look at you and think - who's that idiot?

And if this hasn't helped, try to remember that keeping control of your emotions is every bit as important as cueing straight, keeping your head still, or pausing on the back-swing. If you want to be a better player, try and act like a pro, and one day you might play like one.
            incorrect spelling doesnt prove lack of knowledge....... and anyway..... the buttons are to small on my phone to type properly

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
              and anyway..... the buttons are to small on my phone to type properly
              Have you tried throwing your phone at the wall as hard as you can?

Comment

surprising yes..... resulted in me being 130 outta pocket....... but not through anger it must be said!!!

Comment

Working...
                X