360 Purecue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Purecue?

Just bought a 360 Purecue playing most shots well but struggling with screwing back..else use one of these?

Originally Posted by milos1 View Post
    Just bought a 360 Purecue playing most shots well but struggling with screwing back..else use one of these?
    Yes. I had some trouble with screw back initially, the key points are to get the bridge nice and low, not closer than normal, and keep the grip hand as relaxed as you can so you're not putting any additional pressure on the cue in any direction but through the white.

The cue action should be a snooker cue action, which is to pull the cue straight back along the initial cue plane/angle and not a swooping/rocking motion commonly seen in pool. Cue it positively and drive right through the white so that the grip hand hits the chest.

Start with medium/low power shots and not much distance and concentrate on the cue tip contact point on the white, strike low but not too low to start with. Also, the original tip on the 360 is quite a hard tip and you may find putting a softer blue diamond or elk master on it helps.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

360 Purecue?

Thanks for the advice..have you found that it has improved your cue action?

Comment

Originally Posted by milos1 View Post
        Thanks for the advice..have you found that it has improved your cue action?
        Hard to say whether the cue improved my cue action or just concentrating/practicing it more did all by itself. I think my cue action is ok, could be better but more than adequate for my current skill level. A friend is always telling me that my "problem" is not with my cue action - which he says is better than his - but that I don't pot the balls I should, nor make position

So, my honest opinion is that while the cue might improve your cue action if you're a beginner, and it might smooth out any minor wrinkles if you're a good player, it wont make a beginner into a good player all by itself. Snooker has far more areas of skill, technique, and ultimately it boils down to putting in the hours of practice - something I don't get any of, of late.
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

i think there have been other threads on the purecue 360 on this forum.

i myself was thinking of buying one until i had the opportunity to use one with Nic Barrow when i had a coaching session with him.

i found to my suprise that i was able to play with it better than my own cue. it never broke once so i decided not to get one and try and improve what imperfection that i have with my cue action myself.

Alabbadi
          Last edited by alabadi; 29 August 2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

there is someone on ebay selling the two piece ones for 65 pounds(just type in 360 cue, cant do link stuff sorry) his handle is 21ccsc , can these be right?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              there is someone on ebay selling the two piece ones for 65 pounds(just type in 360 cue, cant do link stuff sorry) his handle is 21ccsc , can these be right?
              i'm not sure this could be a fake. the guy says he is Neil Jhonson the creator. however wouldn't you think he would have more than 3 items sold on his record.

i have visited the proper website for the cue which is at http://www.21ccsc.com/ and the cue there is sold for £99.95
              go to the website yourself to check it out, i myself would buy direct from there rather than try my luck on ebay and find out its fake

be wary only buy from trusted sellers.

Alabbadi
              Last edited by alabadi; 29 August 2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I agree with alabadi here.
                However, I have to question. Is this just a gimmick?
                Yes, it shows you cue straight and well, without tension etc.

But I've seen Steve Davis cue with one of these...it bent like a semi truck!
                6 titles to your name, must be working for him ok.

Plus, if you play for a bit with that cue, then pick up your own, your actions going to change again surely.
                Long days and pleasant nights.

Comment

Just to add to that. Has anyone watched how Judd cues? He wouldn't stand a chance with one of these!

Comment

Originally Posted by nullsys View Post
                    I agree with alabadi here.

Plus, if you play for a bit with that cue, then pick up your own, your actions going to change again surely.
                    i asked that same question when i used the 360cue in a coaching session. i was told that because any tension in your arm would break the cue you get into the habit of loosening your grip, so when you go back to your own cue you will naturally have the feel to hold it looser.

i myself would rather try the Gravity cue as this suppose to help with lateral movement and twisting of the cue. 2 things that i do and want to correct, on the main website these are sold out so this might tell us its more popular than the 360cue.

Alabbadi

Comment

I wouldnt mind a go with one for curiosity if nothing else. Wasnt sure if it was real on ebay thats why i sought advice from more experienced folk on here, but if it is real and you want one its a very good price, and the ebay site does give the same phone number as the official site so you could always phone and check, if nothing else they may get this taken down if its fake
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                        i'm not sure this could be a fake.
                        Looks dodgy to me.

Originally Posted by nullsys View Post

My normal playing cue is heavier and more tip heavy than the 360, so it feels completely different going from one to the other. However, as alabadi has said, you do learn to relax your grip to a good tension and this does carry over to your normal cue. I still find that a bit of practice with the 360 will rid me of bad habits picked up in the large gaps I have between practice quicker than trying to do the same thing with my normal cue. That said, because it's so different to my normal playing cue it's no good at all for practicing touch and control around the balls, so I would avoid any practice of those aspects with one.

Originally Posted by snooks1000 View Post
                        Just to add to that. Has anyone watched how Judd cues? He wouldn't stand a chance with one of these!
                        True. I have a friend who is similar, he uses a lot of chest contact pressure and he can't cue with the 360 at all. You can try and argue that less pressure should be better, but when confronted with someone like Judd.. it's hard to make it stick. I think the best you can say is that any uncontrolled pressure is bad, so perhaps Judd needs a custom 360 that only breaks in the side-to-side directions
                        - Linus Pauling

Comment

360 Purecue?

Starting to play really well with the 360 cue naturally started to hold the cue a lot lighter.

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                            Looks dodgy to me.

I actually sent a message and asked the real person who sells these on the official website and they told me yes it is them selling on ebay and its cheaper just to increase sales plus its ebay .

in that case if tempted to buy one i'd get it from ebay and save £30
                            Last edited by alabadi; 23 September 2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X