No announcement yet.

eyes on object ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can only speak for myself here, i believe for me its getting down on the line of aim correctly that matters the most.

i feel that when i sight i might not be getting down on the line that i sighted, i even think sometimes i might be sighting wrong.

i know some like Terry and other will say that after playing a while most will sight correctly and the problem is delivering the cueball straight to where you sighted.

i have been analysing my game very closely for the last few months, and on occasions i have even took videos of myself and from them cannot determine why i have missed. i try to keep still and have a loose grip and focus on the contact point on delivery, well most of the time anyway.

i am aware most of the time if i introduce movement or make errors with my technique.

One of the reasons for me believing its something to do with my sighting/aiming...etc is i have watched many players who pot very good, however their technique isn't perfect, i see movement on delivering the cue, their stance is not balanced some actually are getting up before the cue ball has been struck, others introduce arm movements,you name it. but saying that they have a better potting success than me, which leads me to belive they are at least getting the angles right and are on the correct line.

its an ongoing battle with me and i think it maybe time for another coaching session to be sure.

Alabbadi

Comment

" i even think sometimes i might be sighting wrong."
      Yes, this happens to me as well - sometimes (especially when it is a cut-back to a corner pocket) I have difficulties to correctly visualise where I should send the white. Of course I'm still very much a beginner.
      OTOH, I think it is always one step at a time, so this week I learned how to correctly go down on a shot, that's quite a step forward (I hope...).

Comment

what is the line of aim , how do i find in relation to the 2 balls , if i dont no where it is how do i drop straight down on this line . i can see while in the standing position the point on the object ball to pot it but how do i find the line of aim to make the white hit this point. thanks

Comment

eyes on object ball

Nic Barrow already has a web site and you can do his online course which is brilliant with videos and homework type exercises. Think there is a fee not sure. I bought his book and that entitled me to log on to his website and do the course. It's very very good and well worth it but you'd need to find his site and look around as its all changed recently. Find the course how to make a century break although there's many more I'm sure.

Comment

PCB: The line of aim is the imaginary line through which you aim for the pot. Consider a straight blue to the middle pocket. The line of aim here would be the line coming from the pocket (in which blue has to go) towards the blue and then through the blue to the white and then through the white to the cue tip and hence till the butt of the cue ... this whole has to be in line in order to pot this one. Now consider a red near pink and the cue ball behind it and its a half ball pot now while standing behind the white you need to imagine the line of aim again coming from the pocket towards the point on the red and through the red towards the other opposite side .. that is the line of aim and it gives you an imaginary point on the red where you should hit in order to pot it; so after determining the right spot you fix your nose/mid of eyes on that point and looking at it you go down and make your shot. While one would argue that there could be milimeter differences in the spot on the red making it hard to discover the exact spot but once you see that line coming from pocket to the red and then through it you will find your spot easily... practice with full ball half ball quarter ball three quarter ball and fine cuts from different points on the table and with practice you will know where to hit... without a problem then you will mechanise the brain to figure out the exact correct spot over time easily ...!!!
            "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
            X