what should a snooter cue tip look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
    to take this question one step further; what do you guys think is more important i.e. what makes more of a difference: the shape of a tip or its hardness?
    I'd have to say the hardness. I'm taking rack cues as an example. They're usually poorly shaped, if at all, but it can still play decent if you find one with a good hardness. It doesn't work as well for me if it's the other way round.

Lifted below photo from the blackspin thread. This is my ideal tip shape for a newly fitted tip, not too domed and with a bit of height to start with, as a new tip will usually lose shape somewhat after play and you'd have to do some touch up.

Tip shape.jpg
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Yeah I like a bit of meat on my tips too, I feel they have give response this way. I prefer more dome than on that blackspin ferruled tip. Lovely flush sides though, perfect. Hard to get them like that without scraping the ferrule with sandpaper. I nice neat job with some tape has been done there I feel. Real precise, nice job

Thanks re the lineup; was only really doing it to bed in the new tip I had just put on.

Comment

Tips come In 9, 10, 11 mm. Sizes. Why on earth is 9.50 mm size cues so popular?
        9mm cue. 9 mm tip. 10 mm cue 10 mm tip. So much more easier when fitting

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
          It's actually easier fitting bigger tip more margin for error regarding centre placement, ususally quite easy to cut/ sand if wanting the tip sitting flush, try fitting a 10mm tip on a 10mm ferrule with superglue gel and you'll see what i mean lol...
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Yeah bloody disaster. When I started playing I had a new Powerglide Maestro 3/4 cue which had a 10mm ferrule. I used Blue Diamond tips back then as this was all I knew. Fitting the tip and getting it back on in the middle was a nightmare as superglue gel wasn't available back then, so you had the liquid superglue or Epoxy Resin (which I hated and still do) to fix tips with.

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
              Look at a ruler and decide if 0.5mm on a scale is worthy of note or not. Fitting a 10mm on a 10mm is very difficult. I actually use 11mm tips to fit on my 9.5mm ferrule. Very easy to fit and equally easy to trim as I use a scalpel. Perfect fit every time

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
                Look at a ruler and decide if 0.5mm on a scale is worthy of note or not. Fitting a 10mm on a 10mm is very difficult. I actually use 11mm tips to fit on my 9.5mm ferrule. Very easy to fit and equally easy to trim as I use a scalpel. Perfect fit every time
                Agree 100% with this. I put a new tip on my cue this week. My ferrule is c.9.5mm and I use 10mm tips. Reckon an 11mm tip would be easier to fit and I will prob buy 11mm when I've used up all of my spare tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
                  Agree 100% with this. I put a new tip on my cue this week. My ferrule is c.9.5mm and I use 10mm tips. Reckon an 11mm tip would be easier to fit and I will prob buy 11mm when I've used up all of my spare tips.

Comment

well my tip is ripped to shreds where I hit the white with screw, but played my best snooker in months today, hitting a respectful 72!?

Comment

Working...
                    X