No announcement yet.

Contact Lenses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will get myself an appointment. Great replies in this thread, thanks guys.

Just hope I can man up too and get the contacts in straight away, if I need them..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

In fact I wanted to get some for about 5 years now. I didn't because my eyes are very, very sensitive and I thought, I'd never get those contacts in. Took me about 1 hour the first time, 20 mins the second.

My optitian told me that in 15 years on his job, only two or three times he had a customer who just couldn't do it.

So the odds are very good I think

Comment

think that was problem when i went to specsavers didnt have a lot of time to sort it ,will try again

Comment

i would reccomend it to anyone, i last went about 5 years ago and couldnt get them in and crapped my pants thinking about it since then.

It wasnt easy to get them in but i got there in the end.

I've put them in again this morn, took me about 15 mins and a lot of swearing but i cant even feel them in there now and my vision is so much greater then my specs. drove over the yorkshire hills this morning and the views were breathtaking with all the snow. its like seeing everything in HD now.

i've only got dailies at the moment but i'm so tempted to get some full time lenses in the future.
          http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

All over the net it states that a prescription for contact lenses is different from your normal glasses prescription.
            Went specsavers and had a thourough test and was given an identical prescription for the contacts as my distance glasses.

Got 5 free pairs to try but just cant get them in. Think it a lot harder for some folks due to the size and shape of the eyes and how much you can open them

I touch it onto my eyeball but they just seem to stick to my finger and pull away again. Great product but useless to those that cannot get them in.
            Last edited by Maverick54; 17 January 2013, 11:46 AM.
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

That is probably because you're not opening your eyes wide enough.

First try to hold your eye open without putting a lens in. This gives you an idea what works best for you:
              . Depending on the shape of your eyes use either two fingers above/ one under OR one finger above / one under
              -> That can make a huge difference
              . Try and keep the other eye open and focus on a point
              -> Personally, I tend to get very close to the mirror and while putting one in, i focus on my other eye
              . Always start with the same eye and try for no more than 5 mins
              -> Reason for that is 1. to get consistency (like in snooker) and 2. your eyes are tensing up every time you try to get a lens in
              . After 5 mins right/left, give your eyes 20 mins to relax before trying again

Neat trick to remove soft contacts:
              I can't grab mine with thumb and index and the eyelid-pushout method doesn't work reliably either.
              Therefore, I have developped a method which works very well for me...

1. Put one middle finger on the lower eyelid, pull down until below the lens
              2. Put other middle finger on the upper eyelid, pull slightly up
              3. Now, while still holding the lids in place, touch your eye first with the lower finger then with the upper
              4. The eye will close and since you are touching the lens with both fingers at this stage, the lens will just pop out

Comment

There is certainly a nack to it that only comes with practice. I still dont get them in easily 100% of the time now, but then i only take then out once or twice a month so i get out of practice.

The best thing to achieve is when you put the lense to your eye, dont try and get your finger out as quickly as possible. Actually put the lense on your eyeball and move it around on your eye. This not only helps get it settled quicker, it also gets you used to touching your eye ball which is half the battle with lenses.
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Its made a huge difference to my game! I am long sighted (+3.75 and +3.50) and I used to play without glasses. I did always struggle to see longer shots but was used to it. made the jump to contacts 3 months ago and once I found the right ones, what a difference it made to my game! Long shots seemed so much easier and just general play was crisp and clear. If you can get used to contacts, you should try them if you play snooker. They are not as scary as you think. I was very nervous about trying them and I soon realised I was worrying about nothing.
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Working...
                  X