Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good practise routines for getting out of snookers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good practise routines for getting out of snookers?

I'm hopeless at them. Can anyone recommend any good routines?

Il tell you a game my coach taught me to help with getting out of snooker:

2 player game or by yourself (better as 2)

You take 3 reds and your opponent takes 3 colours. Get rid of all other balls besides the white.

Both come 2 the D and one of you hits the white so it comes off 2 cushions and stops somewhere on the table.

You nominate who goes first and that person shoots one of their balls and tries to get it as close to the white as they can....... but the ball must touch 2 cushions first. Once done, its the next persons go, and vice versa until you have shot all 3 of your balls.

To score, if you have 1 ball closer to the white than any of their's, score 1 point, if you have 2 closer than any of his, score 2 points, and the same for them. Most points you can get is obviously 3.

One other rule. If you go in off with any of your balls, you forefit that round and give 3 points away.

Once you done one round, you do same thing again, but this time treat the black spot as the D..... so you get used to going up and down the table.

First to 15 wins
    Last edited by Belloz22; 20 May 2013, 09:50 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
      Il tell you a game my coach taught me to help with getting out of snooker:

2 player game or by yourself (better as 2)

You take 3 reds and your opponent takes 3 colours. Get rid of all other balls besides the white.

Both come 2 the D and one of you hits the white so it comes off 2 cushions and stops somewhere on the table.

You nominate who goes first and that person shoots one of their balls and tries to get it as close to the white as they can....... but the ball must touch 2 cushions first. Once done, its the next persons go, and vice versa until you have shot all 3 of your balls.

To score, if you have 1 ball closer to the white than any of their's, score 1 point, if you have 2 closer than any of his, score 2 points, and the same for them. Most points you can get is obviously 3.

One other rule. If you go in off with any of your balls, you forefit that round and give 3 points away.

Once you done one round, you do same thing again, but this time treat the black spot as the D..... so you get used to going up and down the table.

First to 15 wins
      Okay. It took me a couple of reads to understand that. I'm feeling a bit dense today. I like the idea. I will try to incorporate it into my practise routines.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        Okay. It took me a couple of reads to understand that. I'm feeling a bit dense today. I like the idea. I will try to incorporate it into my practise routines.
        It's 2 cushion lawn bowls Nice!
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
          It's 2 cushion lawn bowls Nice!
          Pretty much lol

Comment

Have you checked out PJ Nolan's??

http://www.147academy.com/

There's some pretty good routines on there to try out......
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Ray Reardons rectangle theory works a treat. Look for rectangles within the rectangle of the table and envisage the cue ball travelling along the whole or parts of their perimeters.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                Ray Reardons rectangle theory works a treat. Look for rectangles within the rectangle of the table and envisage the cue ball travelling along the whole or parts of their perimeters.
                Could you please explain more. I'm not getting this.

Is this what you mean:-

Last edited by cyberheater; 21 May 2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Is this what you mean:-

Yes.
                  very good video explaining it, good find.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    Yes.
                    very good video explaining it, good find.
                    Is it just me, or do those lines not look quite parallel? Shouldn't they be?
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

This is exactly how i get out of snookers, and sometimes a lot easier using 2 cushions rather than just the one

Comment

Here you mate, this might help explain it a bit better.....

Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

hi my names chris small and im an ibsf coach. one routine to get you started is put the white on the green side cushion, but it must be in the baulk area and with a ball obstructing your path to the side cushion past the middle bag. Now put a red, yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black on the side cushion past the middle bag and space them evenly down the cushion so as you are snookered on those balls. now pick out a spot on the yellow side cushion for your contact point for the white and predict where you think your white ball will finish. for example, will it rest on the yellow or the blue or the pink. Play the shot with centre ball striking and the same pace all the time so as you get the same reaction from the cue ball every shot you play and this will help you to work out the angles and your cue ball path. You can be even more precise when doing this exercise, as you can predict, will my cue ball rest on top of say the blue or will it rest just to the left or right of the blue, just for better predictions really, and remember to keep selecting different spots on the yellow side cushion for your cue ball to hit so as you are always selecting different angles. Dont panic if you get alot of your predictions wrong as i do this with a couple of pro's and they even struggle sometimes as its not an easy practice routine, it is a very good challenge for you to improve your snooker escapes.

thanks
                          chris
                          www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

Nic Barrow sells a 'Perfect Practice Routines' small book and it isn't expensive

Terry
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by chrissmall147 View Post
                              hi my names chris small and im an ibsf coach. one routine to get you started is put the white on the green side cushion, but it must be in the baulk area and with a ball obstructing your path to the side cushion past the middle bag. Now put a red, yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black on the side cushion past the middle bag and space them evenly down the cushion so as you are snookered on those balls. now pick out a spot on the yellow side cushion for your contact point for the white and predict where you think your white ball will finish. for example, will it rest on the yellow or the blue or the pink. Play the shot with centre ball striking and the same pace all the time so as you get the same reaction from the cue ball every shot you play and this will help you to work out the angles and your cue ball path. You can be even more precise when doing this exercise, as you can predict, will my cue ball rest on top of say the blue or will it rest just to the left or right of the blue, just for better predictions really, and remember to keep selecting different spots on the yellow side cushion for your cue ball to hit so as you are always selecting different angles. Dont panic if you get alot of your predictions wrong as i do this with a couple of pro's and they even struggle sometimes as its not an easy practice routine, it is a very good challenge for you to improve your snooker escapes.

thanks
                              chris
                              That sounds tough. I'll try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X