Another sighting/dominant eye question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Manu147 View Post
    Terry, I cue centre chin wth my cue just into between my nose and dominant eye, and if u are seeing mark allens RIGHT eye more over the cue, then u have lost the plot completely!
    Terry, just look at what eye is more over the line of aim than the other, it really is that simple!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Manu147 View Post
      Terry, just look at what eye is more over the line of aim than the other, it really is that simple!
      I can't see, who's loosing the plot?..

Lets keep it respectful, specially to Terry who earnt his respect long ago..
      Last edited by throtts; 25 July 2013, 08:35 PM.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• It is a forum so it should be challenging in some way and I don't think anyone is being intentionally disrespectful, just saying is how they see it..
        I don't know terry too well, just read his snooker bio: http://snooked.wordpress.com/2013/02...erry-davidson/.
        So, just out of interest where was terry's respect earned? Do you mean in snooker?

Originally Posted by throtts View Post

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          It is a forum so it should be challenging in some way and I don't think anyone is being intentionally disrespectful, just saying is how they see it..
          I don't know terry too well, just read his snooker bio: http://snooked.wordpress.com/2013/02...erry-davidson/.
          So, just out of interest where was terry's respect earned? Do you mean in snooker?
          He HAS earnt respect from helping members on this coaching forum. He also tirelessly repeats time after time for people asking the same questions, so he has my respect for one.

FWIW, I am surprised you ask that question, maybe because I used the term "long ago".

Goodnight, guys...
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post

I take these comments with a pinch of salt, not like me and terry don't know one another!

Comment

• So have many others.. You do realize there are quite a few good experienced players that visit and write on this forum who 'really do know what is what'? And there are other top players that look-on on here, they know who everyone is, smile and laugh but, can't be bothered with all the hassle of commenting.

He HAS earnt respect from helping members on this coaching forum.
              Last edited by j6uk; 25 July 2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                Mark Allen has his nose pointed to the left, bringing his right eye more over the cue.
                Originally Posted by Manu147 View Post
                if u are seeing mark allens RIGHT eye more over the cue, then u have lost the plot completely!
                I've just done a Google images search on Mark Allen and I think it's quite interesting ... he does point his nose to the left but the cue also appears to me to be left of centre chin ... I'd guess from this he is favouring his left eye and hence that is his dominant one - although having said that, he is clearly using both eyes ...

compare that to a Google images search of Neil Robertson ... he too, points his nose to the left but this time he cues slightly right of centre chin and from the photos, it looks like he's almost exclusively using his right eye - I doubt he gets much of an image (of the line of the cue) from his left eye ...

both are left handed players by the way ...
                Last edited by DandyA; 25 July 2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  I say that the act of aiming is putting the cue on the line of aim, this is done by the dominant eye. If you would agree that aiming and putting the cue on the line of aim are the same thing, would you not concede that nrage and DandyA are not putting the cue on the line of aim if they can see their cue coming in from outside the line of aim to the centre of the cue with both eyes when down in their stance ?
                  Steve ... I guess you mean with both eyes OPEN ... I didn't say that ... in post #154 on this thread, I described an experiment in which with both eyes open in my normal cueing position, the line of aim looked spot on but with either eye shut it looked wrong ...

this to me says my brain is computing a perfectly adequate image from the two images from each eye and I'm perfectly happy with that ... if you prefer to use the image from one eye only, that's your prerogative - if that works for you that's fine ...

please let's not start the "my high-break is higher than yours" stuff as you have previously done - it's very counter-productive to what is an interesting discussion ...

Comment

• seems like this thread has turned into a Steve Vs Terry contest, who going to give up first

Comment

So have many others.. You do realize there are quite a few good experienced players that visit and write on this forum who 'really do know what is what'? And there are other top players that look-on on here, they know who everyone is, smile and laugh but, can't be bothered with all the hassle of commenting.
                      I take what you say with a pinch of salt because I don't really care much who is on here tbh, absolute no disrespect meant there too. If there are pros on here just come on here and say who you are, it's no big deal.

Posters that say this and that, play well etc etc and state they bang in 147s everywhere is just talk because this is just what it is a snooker forum..Good luck to the guys that really do play well though.
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        I take what you say with a pinch of salt because I don't really care much who is on here tbh, absolute no disrespect meant there too. If there are pros on here just come on here and say who you are, it's no big deal.

Posters that say this and that, play well etc etc and state they bang in 147s everywhere is just talk because this is just what it is a snooker forum..Good luck to the guys that really do play well though.
                        Have yet to come across a poster stating that they bang in 147s everywhere, because as any player who plays the game at a good level knows how much work and dedication and yrs practice goes into this game, maybe throtts u just want to see what is not there.

Comment

• Did not a poster on this very thread state they banged in 2 or 3 147s on the trott, in practice.

"Want to see what is not there", definitely not, trust me, I'm a no bull**** real everyday guy. Of course I respect and no what it take to get to a 147 standard. I've been practicing hard for 16 month, put good money in to my own space and new Star table so I am fully aware of what it takes already.
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• You can take what you like, I guess its up to the individual and there wisdom to decipher what makes sense and if they want to be coached on tsf by people who don't know what there talking about then..
                            The good players know each other here by what they say and the info they give out, here to you.. So the fakers are already exposed and stand feebly weak on there doggy information.

I look at tsf as another snooker/social club and Ive grown quite fond of it and the people here because I appreciate that there are some real snooker people who love the game banging on the keys.. enjoy

Comment

The good players know each other here by what they say and the info they give out, here to you.
                              A lot of people can give out good info. You can read it practice it, spend thousands on coaching, but, in short you either got it or you haven't. That obviously applies to anything..

Also, any good player should realise that this thread should have expired ages ago..
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

• wrt Mark Allen, everyone has forgotten the most important point, forget the turning the head, cue under which eye or chin!
                                most important...

move the lips to the left!

if everyone did that we will all be doing 147s

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X