Another sighting/dominant eye question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6uk:

I didn't know they built 12ft xbox systems. 3 centuries is definitely not the norm and he almost had 5 of them in 7 frames.

It does sound a bit high as I was told by a pro player he watched John Higgins and Stephen Hendry playing a race to 10 in a practice session at Ian Doyle's club in Sterling and it went 10-9 and they had 11 centuries between them. That was a few years back when Hendry was playing very well.

Oh, I wish!

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      He's only winding you up terry, he's doing them on the xbox.
      You know i think this could be a troll, suspicious minds in ringing in my ears... but if true then hats off m.r
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Could be as that break list is at least at good pro skill level. Maybe a pro in disguise? Nah.

Terry
        Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          Could be as that break list is at least at good pro skill level. Maybe a pro in disguise? Nah.

Terry
          Thats pro level full stop guys.

Mr rules, you should have been at q school and at that scoring, qualifying for the pro tour...I would love to give you a knock so you can give me a good kicking..
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• I'd see how he rules being in the long grass, then if he was naughty and went for a long one I'd make a neat little dirty n tuck him up. I'd make him blush by peppering him with tweny's and thirties all day till he said "f***it" and wen-ome

Comment

• I made a 147 on WSC 2011 (PS3) And the crowd didn't go wild... how rude!

Comment

• That is rude, you must of had the vol down or you were so slow they fell asleep.. Anyway hats off from me fella!

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                I made a 147 on WSC 2011 (PS3) And the crowd didn't go wild... how rude!
                Last edited by j6uk; 2 August 2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• i was at q school... failed because of massive inconsistency with the constant cueing under one eye to the other on a daily-weekly basis. Hense why i finally made a post on here because i just didnt know what i should do anymore. I actually made another century and 90 after my last post so had 4 tons and 2 90's in a few hours. Problem is since then its been a struggle im sticking with it but its so up and down and as soon as im not knocking in massive breaks i lose heart and think maybe im doing the wrong thing again.

Keep Pluggin

Comment

• What's the quality of you sparing partners? Who are you playing when your tearing through all these breaks, anyone we know?

Originally Posted by mr_rules View Post
                    i was at q school... failed because of massive inconsistency with the constant cueing under one eye to the other on a daily-weekly basis. Hense why i finally made a post on here because i just didnt know what i should do anymore. I actually made another century and 90 after my last post so had 4 tons and 2 90's in a few hours. Problem is since then its been a struggle im sticking with it but its so up and down and as soon as im not knocking in massive breaks i lose heart and think maybe im doing the wrong thing again.

Keep Pluggin

Comment

• Originally Posted by mr_rules View Post
                      I actually made another century and 90 after my last post so had 4 tons and 2 90's in a few hours.
                      If your whacking those in there are no problems. You got around, what, 9 month till next q school. Loads of time to sort this minor problem out..May the force be with Cyclops... ..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by mr_rules View Post
                        i was at q school... failed because of massive inconsistency with the constant cueing under one eye to the other on a daily-weekly basis. Hense why i finally made a post on here because i just didnt know what i should do anymore. I actually made another century and 90 after my last post so had 4 tons and 2 90's in a few hours. Problem is since then its been a struggle im sticking with it but its so up and down and as soon as im not knocking in massive breaks i lose heart and think maybe im doing the wrong thing again.

Keep Pluggin

I'm in Throtts camp, if you are knocking in 90s and 100s i can't see a problem, ok you say consistency is an issue. well consistency is not a technical problem. its a mental thing, its all down to being focused selecting the right shot...etc.

i mean even the pros don't knock in tons every frame, yes they are capable, however it depends on the table and how the balls lye. i think you should lower your expectations and just enjoy the game. and accept you are not going to knock in centuries all the time, you can still win games with 50+ breaks as long as your safety is good.

you keep plugging away, but don't keep changing technical aspects of your game because it sounds like you have that part nailed down.

Alabbadi

Comment

• I agree with most on here mr- when your through answering all the above, being at Qschool as you know, your just another body elbowing, kicking and screaming your way on to the main tour, the main tour will be the same but with better opponents then, breaking the 64,32,16's it gets harder and harder. You obviously want to be someone and show the world what your capable of so, tell us..
                          Who are you?

Comment

• If you were that good, wouldn't you have a coach that would have sorted this out years ago.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• just to report back ...

I have been trying vmax4steve's advice to use your dominant eye, thank you steve for suggesting it ... and these are just my personal results ...

for dead straight pots, I think it's positively helpful, they seem much easier with dominant eye sighting ... for anywhere between 3/4 and 1/4 pots, dominant eye seems fine but, there again, I'd also expect similar results with my previous near centre chin setup ...

however, I haven't been able to get used to thin cuts with dominant eye ... these are difficult shots but I feel I was good at them (much better than my peers) with centre chin but really struggle with dominant eye ...

I'm going to continue the experiment trying to use dominant eye except, when playing competively, I might try centre chin for thin cuts (if I remember) ...

but certainly I think what vmax4steve says is worth considering ... whether it works for you or not is a different matter, I guess we each have to find our own way to hit the little darlings into the holes

Comment

• Dandy:

Sometimes changing to cueing under the dominant eye will change a player's set-up, which he most likely has become used to. Much better (I think) to use the preferred sighting eye.

There are a lot of right-handed baseball players and cricketers who have to use their left eye for sighting the ball even though their right eye is dominant they have trained their left eye (through necessity) to be their preferred sighting eye. I also think this prevails in snooker too where a lot of right-handed players will turn their heads slightly to the right for comfort and use their left eye for sighting.

Just remember that COMFORT in the set-up and also being confident of your sighting line are the most important thing whereas changing things force yourself to use your dominant eye for sighting might not be the best thing to do as you are now physically changing your natural set-up.

Terry
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X