Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to pot with side

Hi,

I have been playing snooker for the last five months. I play for about eleven hours a day and I can't wait to master it. Patience is something which doesn't come naturally to me and hence I can't wait till I am a 50 or a 100 break player to learn to pot with side. I have a basic question. Lets say we have a 3/4th ball angle above the black and I want to play a stun shot with side so that the cue ball comes back of the top cushion and at a comfortable distance from the next black (assuming you are practicing blacks after blacks routine).
    How do you aim with side?

1. Aim the way you normally do (as if playing with no side) and then just move the cue to the right/left using the bridge V as the pivot point. This way you are hitting across the ball. Or?

2. First place the bridge for aiming normally, then move the bridge and the whole cue to right/left and just shoot. Or?

3. Place the bridge on the right/left as you get down on the shot and no adjustment of any sort later. And just shoot. Or?

4. Do one of the above steps and change the aim on the object ball as well as you get down on the shot?

Do you have to aim differently if you are playing side top, stun, or screwback)?
    Do the strength of the shot and followthrough matter as well in the cue ball deflection?

I am talking about short range shots. I know the effect is different for medium and long range shots but I have to learn to walk before I can run I guess.

Thanks.
Working...
X