Angle of head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle of head

During practice I found I have started to pull my chin back on the cue so i look like John Higgins, before my head was very full to the pocket, this has happened naturally as I concentrated more and followed my cue more, switching between ob and cb, I don't know why but it has definitely helped , is there a proper way your head should be on the vertical axis
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Nope, as long as you're not looking through your eyebrows and can see the OB clearly. Keeping it still is the most important thing

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Could be the reason Terry, I might have been very slightly moving my head when switching between balls, and all this has done is stopped it. Thanks .
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 10 August 2013, 12:06 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes having a full face on the cue can look a little peculiar and awkward, could also be uncomfortable on the neck. We coined this "the moon boat" in the mid 80's at fife rd and is now widely used on the circuit. There is the other extreme, were your seeing eyebrow hair on the shot..
        I'd recommend "half moon boat" and make sure your over the ball because having to much moon can lead to sitting down on the shot
        Last edited by j6uk; 10 August 2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

As long as there is no head movement when switching between cb and ob and there is no struggle to sight then whatever position the head is in is fine. I personally was full onand no problem sighting and no headmovement but it can aggravate the neck.
          www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by chrissmall147 View Post
            As long as there is no head movement when switching between cb and ob and there is no struggle to sight then whatever position the head is in is fine. I personally was full on and no problem sighting and no head movement but it can aggravate the neck.
            And you would know Chris !

Is that what contributed to your issues Chris , due to your stance and head position ?

The reason i ask , is that i played last night and must have been standing differently somehow and ache in a few different places ! i.e base of my neck being one of them .

Saying that though , i played better than the week before and had no aches after getting battered !

Strange game this at times .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
            X