Pro technique videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro technique videos

Not sure if this is off topic for this forum...

can anyone point me to any Youtube clips that show pro players techniques - stance / cueing etc

I'm playing around with some sports analysis software and would like to compare pros' stance etc against players down at the club

Any help or pointers would be welcomed

Thanks!
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

I would stick to real beer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeZdXHjRAS8

Comment

I have downloaded videos from YouTube with keepvid extension to use with kinovea. But it's hard to find sequences without the camera zooming out/in or moving away. Terry Griffith seems to have a large library but don't know if he shares it.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
        I have downloaded videos from YouTube with keepvid extension to use with kinovea. But it's hard to find sequences without the camera zooming out/in or moving away. Terry Griffith seems to have a large library but don't know if he shares it.
        How do you find Kinovea? I've just started using it and found it to be very good indeed.

I've occasionally used Dartfish in the past with some schools I used to work with, but getting a personal copy of Dartfish is a bit big outlay!

Comment

Stop poncing around! Step away from the computer, grab your keys/cue/kiss the misses and get down the club. It needs YOU!

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            Stop poncing around! Step away from the computer, grab your keys/cue/kiss the misses and get down the club. It needs YOU!
            step away from the computer... says the man with 1000+ posts on an web forum lol

Comment

Lol I know. Just had my second child so, not playing plus, the backs no good at the moment..
              Anyway thing are good right now, I have a few young lads that I'm helping and there coming along great. I'm showing them every single little thing Ive posted in my 1000 posts regarding coaching on tsf
              enjoy

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
              step away from the computer... says the man with 1000+ posts on an web forum lol

Comment

How do you find Kinovea? I've just started using it and found it to be very good indeed.

I've occasionally used Dartfish in the past with some schools I used to work with, but getting a personal copy of Dartfish is a bit big outlay!

I have tried dartfish and imo kinovea is better for snooker analysis and even free. Joan, the developer, does a great job.

Comment

They both suck large hairy imo. They don't compute to actual play.
                  Ever thought about having coaching?

I have tried dartfish and imo kinovea is better for snooker analysis and even free. Joan, the developer, does a great job.

Comment

why are you being so provocative and rude?

I have coaching, I play 3 times a week, but I also find the sports science side to snooker interesting...

I don't see you posting the same comments on the threads where people discuss the number of arrows in the ash shaft the latest trev white cue has - that has no relevance to actually playing snooker, but you don't post your negative comments on those threads

if you have no interest in this area of sport or believe what I posted has no value why are you taking time to comment?

you obviously have no understanding of sports science as you think video analysis 'doesn't compute to actual play' - video analysis can provide a positive contribution to the development of a player - if Nic Barrow and Terry Griffiths value it, I think there's a bit of mileage in it.

It's your choice if you don't. I do, however. Different opinions make the world go round

Comment

its amazing its all open source too! I'm demoing it to some sport students next week

Dartfish is good, but a bit OTT for my needs (and bloody expensive!!)

Comment

bolton & j6uk:

Video analysis is able to show where a student is going wrong and a lot of times the naked eye can't pick that up but when using Kinovea in frame-by-frame you get to see the technique every 1/30th of a second (even better with a high speed camera).

I find it a great aid to coaching and also it will demonstrate to a student by showing him where he is going wrong. For instance it's very hard to tell if a student is striking dead centre on the cueball by eye but easy to see with video analysis. Then it's up to the coach to try and figure out WHY the student isn't hitting dead centre and try and correct the root cause of that.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Video analysis is used in nearly every sport nowadays even at amateur level and is a very helpful way to develop a sound technique.

However I stopped using it because I was constantly seeking for perfection which I could not archive. I am now focusing on learning more about 'my' cue action and developing a good timing. Beware of looking to much at the pros, they have practised hard for decades to get there.

Comment

Video analysis is used in nearly every sport nowadays even at amateur level and is a very helpful way to develop a sound technique.

However I stopped using it because I was constantly seeking for perfection which I could not archive. I am now focusing on learning more about 'my' cue action and developing a good timing. Beware of looking to much at the pros, they have practised hard for decades to get there.
                            oh I agree 100% with that... first few times I used it I was literally working out cue actions to the last degree - which is a bit of overkill

but it can be useful for reflection - its just another tool in our arsenal to use appropriately

Comment

I really like what you said here and and thanks for respecting my right to say what I feel is appropriate.
                              I'm happy you found something that works for you

It's your choice if you don't. I do, however. Different opinions make the world go round

Comment

Working...
                              X