No announcement yet.

Nic Barrow video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have ipad not sure if that will play on it.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      I only have ipad not sure if that will play on it.
      I can convert it to mp4?
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Give it a try, I wouldn't mind a look.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          itsnoteasy:

If you keep your grip nice and relaxed through the strike and don't tighten it at all from the time you start your delivery you will find you'll have to start the acceleration slowly (otherwise the cue will slip in the hand) and build it up and the follow-through will become natural and if you keep the back 3 fingers just barely touching the cue at address and at the end of the backswing the punch through the cueball will be a lot more crisp and you will tighten the back 3 fingers after the strike and your elbow won't drop by much at all unless you are really powering through the ball.

It's an automatic thing, as I've recently found out.

Terry
          Golden words, these...!!!
          "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Interesting choice of words there terry 'punch crisp'
            Are you referring to a type of shot when you say 'punch' ? If so what are you achieving?

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

If you keep your grip nice and relaxed through the strike and don't tighten it at all from the time you start your delivery you will find you'll have to start the acceleration slowly (otherwise the cue will slip in the hand) and build it up and the follow-through will become natural and if you keep the back 3 fingers just barely touching the cue at address and at the end of the backswing the punch through the cueball will be a lot more crisp and you will tighten the back 3 fingers after the strike and your elbow won't drop by much at all unless you are really powering through the ball.

It's an automatic thing, as I've recently found out.

Terry

Comment

I think in this video you can more clearly see Nic's technique:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6Ht4e9avs

Why does everybody stress so much over whether the elbow should drop or not on delivery? I'm a firm believer that neither style is wrong. As we have seen, you can be either a word champion or a substandard club player using either.

Dropping the elbow a little at the end of (longer) backswing is a totally different thing and is necessary IMO. Without it your cue will have that dreadful see saw movement, so you might hurt your chin in process...

Comment

This wasn't about elbow on delivery, it was his elbow dropping on the backswing, I didn't know anyone actually made a conscious effort to drop the elbow on the forward stroke, thought it was just a natural thing of a power stroke.
                Just ignore that, I didn't read all of the post I got distracted lol.

Comment

If a player is to keep the cue on the same plane in a longer backswing he has to drop the elbow a little bit, maybe one inch or so. However on the delivery on probably 95% of shots it's much better to NOT drop the elbow at all as you should be able to get around 5in of follow-through and it's a much more accurate way to play.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I thought some people made a conscious effort not to drop the elbow, on the follow through, as they were dropping too much, I didn't know it was an actual definite thing in players strokes , so you have kind of back, open hand, forward , through ball. Drop elbow ,close hand, finish ,I just thought it was a natural part of the forward stroke, so back , open hand ,forward , through ball, close hand finish, no conscious drop of elbow.

Comment

I think I'm right in saying that nic barrow doesn't have the cue brushing his chest during his cueing. This means he has a longer follow through and why his elbow drops more than many other players.
                      coaching is not just for the pros
                      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
                      X