Why does it always fall on me :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it always fall on me :(

This post is not technique related, I promise I have got my technique sorted finally and was about to practice it harder and keep the momentum going with my BOB at match table and only when I was so happy and relaxed about everything that this happened

Our snooker club was raided by the police last night They took all players to the police station and they are still behind the bars. I was instructed by the policeman to move to the police van but when I came out i managed to escape as there were some spectators watching the whole drama and I sneaked behind them and started watching it with them fooling the police guys to be one of the spectators witty yeah But it was my luck they did not pay heed to the spectators for I only found out when they went away that I was still wearing my snooker glasses and they could have easily known I was ONE OF THEM !

Well well now. This is Pakistan and this happens here sometimes. Actually betting is a forbidden thing in Islam as well as Pakistani laws. But guys do play bets every now and then and so was the case in our club even though the sign board said betting isnt allowed but still the club guys allowed it. Somebody must have complained to the police station. This is the second time I remained safe.

First time, they raided a club I used to go to but in those days I was still working for the UN and used to have that Radio handset they give you for security and it was always in my car. I discovered the other day that the police wanted to raid the club but thought I am some secret service guy due to the radio they discovered in my car and hence stayed out till I left and then raided.

It all happened only when I was all ready for enjoying myself again in the game. What I have decided now is that i will go to the club which is far away from my place but is in a posh area and no raids betting gambling anything happens there... However, I wont be able to go there daily this is a big no no but for the time being I have no other option...!!! So my snooker would go on weekends only ... would I survive this ???????????

Unhappy Sidd.
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Your a come-a-chameleon siddiqui, you'll survive. The pluses are that you can post more and, you know you love that?!
    Or just get your own table..
    enjoy

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    So my snooker would go on weekends only ... would I survive this ???????????

Unhappy Sidd.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      Your a come-a-chameleon siddiqui, you'll survive. The pluses are that you can post more and, you know you love that?!
      Or just get your own table..
      enjoy
      hahaha ... yeah .. that seems to be the only upside.

But no well I just cant take the idea of not playing snooker almost daily... its rather killing... !!!
      I will figure something out soon getting a table is not an option right now not enough room !!!

cheers

Comment

that's a bad doo sidd, I dread to think what the Pakistan police would think of a few of the clubs over here!!!!!
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

With all this spare time, it would be a good idea to 'document your work in word' and get together with your friend coach and partner in crime terry and think about writing a book..
          I feel like other I'm sure, that the density, detail and in depth analysis that you and him do together is worthy of it.

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
          hahaha ... yeah .. that seems to be the only upside.

But no well I just cant take the idea of not playing snooker almost daily... its rather killing... !!!
          I will figure something out soon getting a table is not an option right now not enough room !!!

cheers

Comment

No need to do that.

I have real life footage of Sid's escape from the police at his snooker club in Pakistan.

Last edited by Byrom; 11 September 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Your becoming a leg byrom
              This is really insightful as to what happened, bit like crimewatch! I like the bit 45sec in when sid realizes he forgot his cue! Great emotional moment, you can really feel what he's going through..
              I didn't understand too much after that but my guess is that he sent the snake back to get it and he gave his mate the jules to start up another club, on the condition he names it after him!!
              Whatever, classic

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              No need to do that.

I have real life footage of Sid's escape from the police at his snooker club in Pakistan.

Last edited by j6uk; 11 September 2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Wow, hell of a shot there from the police captain with a pistol. You should ask him about his sighting Sidd and whether he uses his dominant eye, what stance he takes etc etc.

Comment

And obviously this is a true story because the jewels you see in the film where passed onto John Parris by Sidd's mate so that John could start making a new range of Parris Ultimate Vajazzle cues.

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parris-Ultimate-Cue-Set-/321203773237?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL&hash=item4ac93c9f35

Comment

I now know why Sidd gets pain in his bridge arm, he's been shot!!!!!!!. I thought he was just back on the shot a bit, that's why I will never be a coach, I missed the obvious, bullet wound problem.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That's a tart of a cue! You wont be forgetting that in a hurry no matter who's shooting at ya!
                      And obviously this is a true story because the jewels you see in the film where passed onto John Parris by Sidd's mate so that John could start making a new range of Parris Ultimate Vajazzle cues.

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parris-Ultimate-Cue-Set-/321203773237?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL&hash=item4ac93c9f35

Comment

Lol! Very good, been enjoying the humor lately...

To add to what's been said, it's maybe a good thing Sidd as you'll get more time to spend with the child instead of always changing your snooker technique willy nilly, the time you get to spend playing snooker just chillax and enjoy it.
                        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

What about the cue Sidd? How did you take care of it in all that rush???

Comment

Cujazzle range maybe . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

OK now..

Itsnoteasy: pain in bridge arm from being back on the shot? I think the pain is due to being too forward on the shot! What do you say I experience this pain even these days, it came back again. I had cured it with some adjustment in the technique and was happy but I changed the adjustment again haha and the pain is back and unfortunately I have forgotten what change in technique was it that relieved me of my pain. I have too much technique points to remember which does what anymore LOL

Aceman: I gave my cue at the counter to the club boy and looked in his eyes and by the look of my eyes he must have known he needs to keep it safe... He sure must want to live on

Southpaw: you used the exact same words my dad used and yes in a way this is a good chance for me to change my routine a bit and be with my kid more... I will still have my weekends for me at the club. i agree with you.... and Dad

Yellow Mellow: the skin colour can change and so can language and customs etc but at the end of the day we are all the same humans I have been to clubs in my hometown Peshawar where weed is almost always in the air and some bad arse loosers carrying guns play snooker but surprisingly there are no raids there trust me its peaceful cuz the owner of the club there used to bribe the local police station head on monthly basis... so it was all cool

j6UK: You did not notice something. My mate in that clip is actually my double (a twin maybe- pretty famous Indian movie thing) and when this guy tells him to take the jewels to the guy who has kept his blind mom captive for the jewels; he sees an opportunity for himself to take his place- his ticket to a new life. I haven't seen this one but I can tell you they both will know in the end they are brothers parted due to some tragedy and shall join forces to free their mom... happy ending then !

Steve: A shot! sighting! stance! review the clip again dude for the captain defies all physics used at the table and otherwise When I saw the clip I noticed he shoots me from the right side from down the bridge but the bullet enters my body from the left as I jump down the bridge to my left Its more like taking a stance for a pot in the left corner and shooting it across the right corner pocket LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X