New club, renewed ambitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New club, renewed ambitions

So after the raid on that club I decided not to go there again for it wasn't worth it. I could not risk my professional life and repute for being in the lock-up on suspicions of gambling. When they raid they don't ask you they put you in you can then clarify yourself with the judge in the court afterwards. So that is that !

This new club is actually my old club. It was far so I went to that other notorious club as it was nearer. Back again and played the last weekend there I feel pretty much settled in again. Met my old snooker pals here and they were welcoming and glad I made it back.

I am also happy because now I have decided to play structured snooker as I call it. I will only be playing 3 days a week on weekends and shall try to play 1 day solo practice for 1-2 hours before playing any matches. There is one problem here though, its pretty jam packed and you can only play doubles so no more single frames.

I might be capturing a video this weekend with the improved technique and will put it up here for analysis.

During my beginning three days here I have been consistent. No big breaks except for a few 20's and a couple of 30's but that is not bad while playing doubles only. Following is a list of what I do normally these days during matches:

1. Standing behind the shot, I take my time, no hurry. While chalking I visualise the shot and then pick my line and keeping my nose on it I go straight down keeping eyes fixed on BOB. I also do one more thing, which I should not do at my level as I am no pro but then I love this game to the point that I feel like a pro ithin myself while at the table heck why not So while going down (I picked this from Terry and also Nic Barrow- in the description of his video on youtube where he clears the line up with a head-cam) I exhale while going down or I breathe out while going down as it empties the lungs and improves stillness and relaxation. I have observed that it really does help a lot trust me.

2. While down I keep my eyes fixed on BOB and then start feathering and switch eye to CB and BOB and then eyes lock on BOB at front pause .. then slow back swing eyes final back pause and delivery... having eyes on BOB; I do not switch them after having them locked on BOB at front pause... I need to have a slow slow back swing and that I try to do.

As for the technique aspects, this is what is happening:

Stance: I have experimented and came to the conclusion that my stance has to be boxer's having the bent leg 4-6 inches in front of the straight. This way its easier for me to twist my hip to the right and as a result I can achieve a straight bridge arm having my ear lobe in my right shoulder. I feel more positive on the shot with this now.

Elbow Drop: I did the test and was happy to find out that I do have around 10-11 inches of cue above the V of the bridge at address. So I have to make no changes in this department. I went down with my eyes closed as well just to ascertain and from different angles and found myself to be consistent. Now then my cue arm was ahead of vertical and now I hold my cue from the nearest point on the butt and I get it quite vertical. This way I can complete the shot by hitting the chest and hence no extra follow through is generated. I do not know if playing like this my elbow drops or not but am at least sure in my mind that even if it does drop, it would be a little drop and since I have been playing like this- this is it ! A video would tell for sure, which I will do this weekend hopefully.

Grip: Ah I am still struggling with this area. I don't know why but I cant get it out of my head. Sometimes one thing feels great and sometimes another. What I do is that I hold my cue nearest to the butt while standing and just think on keeping it relaxed and then try to forget about it once down. It is helping me. I still think I keep changing the configuration but well i try to keep the back of my palm touch the top of the butt in address... keep it loose.. that's it! But I have observed that my long potting has suddenly improved a lot so overall a good point.

I will upload a video hopefully soon enough !
    Last edited by Sidd; 24 September 2013, 06:31 AM.
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Good luck with it all Sidd, hope changing back to the old club works out, being able to get solo practice should be a great help to you.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Good luck with it all Sidd, hope changing back to the old club works out, being able to get solo practice should be a great help to you.
      Thanks a lot mate... Yes indeed the solo was missing and now i can do some its just that i am finding lesser time to play these days... 3 days a week hmmmm but if constructive 3 days those will be better than 6 days a week unstructured

Comment

One can never have an idea as to what fate has kept for you. You plan and plan and plan and then fate advises you otherwise. Just when I changed my club and was thinking on getting weekend time for solo and playing better snooker due to having built my technique and getting natural and all that- my newly born daughter has gotten unwell and requires extra care and attention for at least her first year of life. My elder boy is more than three now and requires my time to be spent with him.

Therefore, I against all my desires and wishes and passion for snooker, I have decided to take a complete break for the time being from snooker. I might go and play once a while maybe but wont be playing regularly. Hence my dream of a structured snooker improvement programme just went down the drain.

Family comes first and I have an utmost responsibility for my kids. Priorities change, preferences alter but with my situation is asking me to revamp and sort my whole life out. I have two families to take care of; my dear family at home and my newly established business. The only problem is watching a video of ROS or someone else and trying to control my playing temptation but I will get over it too.

I might not be posting regularly here anymore- until I start the game regularly again, when? I have no idea...

Sad Sidd.

Comment

our prayers are with you, your family and your daughter especially, hope she gets well soon.
          I am sure you will be able to sneak in a short session once a week, once you all get into a new routine
          all the best
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Best of luck to you Sidd, will look forward to future posts.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              our prayers are with you, your family and your daughter especially, hope she gets well soon.
              I am sure you will be able to sneak in a short session once a week, once you all get into a new routine
              all the best
              Thanks a lot Dean H... I am also looking forward to that... Thanks a million for your kind prayers.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Best of luck to you Sidd, will look forward to future posts.
                Sure thing itsnoteasy my mate ... and thanks a lot !

Comment

Love and best of luck to your daughter in her fight sidd. I'm sure everything will work out for you mate xxxxxx
                  You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Good luck Sidd and hope your little daughter is well soon so she can watch her daddy bring home a few snooker trophies in years to come God willing.

Take care and 'Kudhaffis'

Comment

All the best to you and your family Sidd. One day at a time, stay in the moment m8..

Comment

Thanks a lot guys... We are fighting on

Comment

Working...
                        X