compulsory bar cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compulsory bar cues

I believe that anyone who learns to play the game well with a rack cue will be a great club player. I know many who just turn up,grab a cue from what appears to be a poor lot,then proceed to knock an 88 in against you! I think it's a fundamental rule of coaching. IMHO

Originally Posted by nicoswan View Post
    ...I know many who just turn up,grab a cue from what appears to be a poor lot,then proceed to knock an 88 in against you! ...
    I know how that feels... and me using a top of the range, handmade customised cue with 4 splices of exotic wood... well, at least I lose in style...

These players have such sound technique and experience which enable them to play to a good standard albeit using "crappy" cues.

However, I still think a good personal cue will help in improving the skill level and consistency for anyone picking up this game.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
      I know how that feels... and me using a top of the range, handmade customised cue with 4 splices of exotic wood... well, at least I lose in style...

These players have such sound technique and experience which enable them to play to a good standard albeit using "crappy" cues.

However, I still think a good personal cue will help in improving the skill level and consistency for anyone picking up this game.
      A lot is in the mind as well I think. I also have a handmade cue by one of the top guys. If I picked up a rack cue I think my game would suffer a bit. Us humans work in strange ways!!! Lol
      You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

I'd be worried if i played better with a rack cue, what a waste of money and the last two years would have been...........

Comment

I don't use anything else, loveum
          Last edited by j6uk; 11 November 2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Best set of chevrons I have seen on a machine spliced cue, well done! Like the game itself, cues can be a 'head game'.

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
              A lot is in the mind as well I think. I also have a handmade cue by one of the top guys. If I picked up a rack cue I think my game would suffer a bit. Us humans work in strange ways!!! Lol
              Strange ways indeed... like how I often convince myself to aim too thick/thin on the cue ball in order to get to the desired position (thereby missing the pot)... it's crazy.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
              X