Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Pause

Hi all

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I am having a little trouble with preventing body movement. I get a little movement often caused by moving a little once I cue the ball and sort of getting up to move to the next shot too early. Just would like to get an opinion that whether I should have a more deliberate pause once draw my cue back on the backswing that will help reduce this problem.

Thanks

From my own personal experience, the idea behind the back pause is to allow you to adjust you eyes onto the contact point on the OB, as well as gain control over the cue - allows a moment of composure. If you ask me, if your moving for no reason, then it may be due to a technical issue..... i.e. cueing to fast after the backswing, lifting your head etc............ having a deliberate pause will help this. The reason most players move though, is as you said, they are already moving to the next shot before finishing the current shot. SO..... work on staying down after you hit the OB, and without moving (staying down), use your eyes to following the path of the OB into the pocket. DO NOT move the head to do this, just use your eyes. It will feel odd, but will teach you to stay down. If you find you are still moving, it could be that your not in a solid stance.

Comment

Sounds like your not completing the shot. Stick up a video for diagnosis.

Comment

Will do sometime this weekend. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X