Do I strike the ball well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I strike the ball well?

Looking for some feedback on my modest 52 break. A real shame I didn't get on the 2nd last red. I should have walked around to see what kind of position I could get. My thought was to play a half-ball cannon on the black but it didn't work out and I kind of rushed it. Thanks!

Last edited by thelongbomber; 11 December 2013, 10:10 PM.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Think you will find 46 then a pink make 52!!
    Looks ok to me but then again I'm ****e!
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Good catch! 52 it is!
      Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
      Think you will find 46 then a pink make 52!!
      Looks ok to me but then again I'm ****e!

Comment

yeah i though it was 52 as well, nice break building, i am not a big break builder however i thought that you could have took the blue rather than the brown, it looked a nice angle to canon the pink and two reds, as long as it was played slow you should have had a good chance on either red and a possible higher break.

Alabbadi

Comment

Surely you've had a ton plus on that table? You look good enough too!
          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

What size table is that LB .?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It looks like snooker on a large pool table

I would say you cue through the ball quite well and look natural - so things will be hard to change.

If you ask me to be critical your shot selection is quite poor and you do not give enough attention to the finishing line of the shot for position and you seem to rush a few shots and play a little too quick - It can often seem this way with players that only have a front pause. You seem particularly fast in the pull back which at times is as quick as your delivery - this has an effect on the timing of the shot which in turn effects your positional sense. Not bad but could be better if you developed a more consistent action and pre shot routine around the table - It all seems a bit rushed and I would work on developing a bit of a pause at the back before you delivered your cue forward. I would try and do this by slowing down your pull back and pausing as you transfer your eyes before you accelerate forward through the cue ball. But if you stick with this front pause only malarky just try to be more consistent in your action and in your manner around the table - Possibly try taking a little more time to consider your options on occasion and cut out walking around and casually approching each shot side on - stand back and step in rather than just walking around and getting down - you can get away with this on a little table but you would have alignment issues on a big table were these faults would compound more. I notice you don't get down flat on the shot too and don't have your chin locked on to the on the cue either which makes it look more of a pool action than a snooker one. Lazy habits creeping in perhaps?

I have enjoyed reading your posts previously and think you have some good out the box ideas on your web site and on this forum particularly when it comes to the sighting aspects of the shot - if you ever manage to mingle a more consistent and solid techqnique with a more considered pre-shot routine yourself I think you would no doubt become an even better player.
              Last edited by Byrom; 11 December 2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Looks like a 10 x 5 to me with pool balls?
                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Aww, I was hoping it was full size and LB was eight foot six.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Depends on how you define well?

You hit the ball crisply and get through it nice and straight but I wouldn't say you have a smooth flowy action. It clearly works ok for you though so I wouldn't analyse how it looks... Just play and allow the results to do that.

P.S I would own the world on that table

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      Depends on how you define well?

You hit the ball crisply and get through it nice and straight but I wouldn't say you have a smooth flowy action. It clearly works ok for you though so I wouldn't analyse how it looks... Just play and allow the results to do that.

P.S I would own the world on that table

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing

Comment

bomber:

Didn't notice a whole lot wrong however in the few shots where we can see your body I notice you have your right elbow flying out to the right (or 'chicken wing' as it's sometimes called). This is always an indication you are turning the wrist joint and also gripping the cue too early on the delivery. Keep the grip loose through and beyond the cueball strike.

As an aside I also noted you use the rest high side.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You already strike the ball well. Even though the style looks a little bit 9ball-ish to me. If I were you, I'd work on longer pause at the back and a proper 4 point contact.

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                            yeah i though it was 52 as well, nice break building, i am not a big break builder however i thought that you could have took the blue rather than the brown, it looked a nice angle to canon the pink and two reds, as long as it was played slow you should have had a good chance on either red and a possible higher break.

Alabbadi
                            Thanks yes. That was my first instinct as well. However, my friend said "brown" when actually I was thinking about the blue and the soft cannon. I ended up taking the brown. I should have listened to my instinct first.

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                              Surely you've had a ton plus on that table? You look good enough too!
                              Funny enough, have only had a few centuries in my life ever! Last time I got close was 80+ on the table. I have had a few centuries on a 6x12 in practice. None yet on a 5x10.

Comment

Working...
                              X