X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of Sidd... you wish !

Hello guys:

Happy holiday season.

OK now I went in for a few frames last Friday. Yes finally I went in after 5 months. My snooker mates were not letting me go like that. I once decided to sell my cue (Peradon Sandringham) so that I don't have a reason to play but my mates convinced me against the idea and today I am thankful to them. They have been really naughty in this regard. They have been missing me and have been trying to persuade me to join again. Texting and calling with updates on what is going on in the club and then one of them posted the Selby 147 at the UK 2013. When I saw that including the brown to blue shot, something warmed me up... Then I watched the final, cleaned my cue and glasses properly and went in thinking I shall play as usual and make a great performance.

I played like a kid who is holding the cue for the first time hahaha. the table seemed longer than normal, my own cue seemed thinner, colder, longer and even heavier than it really used to feel like. But I did manage a break of 17 in the third frame LOL

But the best thing was that I enjoyed myself perhaps because I had no pressure of missing, not making breaks, losing etc because I knew I wont be able to play well. So i enjoyed like anything. My back hurt, I did not know where was my feet going the elbow nothing but still that did not bother me and I enjoyed. I did play a few proper strokes and my mates said 'He has not lost it yet, its just his dying memory that is waking up slowly'

Last but not the least, i did not expect this at all but the greatest surprise was that I could not find my line. Amazing isn't it? I stood before the CB and imagined that thin line from the pocket to the BOB and wow it wasnt there anymore ... I particularly found it hard to imagine the line, which used to be automatically there for me, and on thin cuts in to middle, wow I kept imagining it and it kept deceiving me.. It just wasnt there you know.

I shall go this friday too... lets see I think I still need to get my grip right and loose hahahahha here I go again eh

My daughter is doing fine, she is a fighter so it seems and is fighting well I think I was too overwhelmed in the beginning and now I ma getting a hang of it. Things are pretty much ok these days and I am preparing a come back

Merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance.

Warmest regards,
    Sidd.
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Glad to hear you are back on the table and enjoying it
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

sid, you old ******, what a nice surprise. i got a feeling terry's gonna be on your case soon

happy to hear your little girls on the up m8.

Comment

Nice one Sidd.......you've got good mates and glad your daughter is getting better .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

j6uk:

I'll leave getting on Sid's case to you and we can then see how successful you are at coaching

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

lol iv done my bit for siddiqui, job done, which he was kind enough to thank me for. no caching accolades, a simple thank you was fine

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            j6uk:

I'll leave getting on Sid's case to you and we can then see how successful you are at coaching

Terry
            Last edited by j6uk; 17 December 2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Good to see your back playing and enjoying the game bud......

Glad to hear your daughter is getting better!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                j6uk:

Terry
                I tell Sidd instead,,,,,,

"Sidd, you must watch the ferrule come back on the final back swing to make sure it has come back straight"

Good to see you back though Sidd, I had 3 month off myself and it did my game the world of good. Think we should call you the "The Grppernator", you and your damn grip,, haha. Good luck, mate..
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Welcome back Sidd you have been missed, glad to hear everything is going better with the family
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

lol that's really funny, "who would do such a thing"??

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    I tell Sidd instead,,,,,,

"Sidd, you must watch the ferrule come back on the final back swing to make sure it has come back straight"

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      I heard a rumour that this dog actually learned the same method when he first learned to play snooker

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/be...JdS-T9R4zk8PmQ

Comment

It was yooooooooouu, haha..
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

no really?! so who would be the biggest plank from planksvill, the one who advocates it or the one who rubbishes it?

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          It was yooooooooouu, haha..

Comment

no really?! so who would be the biggest plank from planksvill, the one who advocates it or the one who rubbishes it?
                            As with all snooker habits, depends what you believe in. If it works for a player, carry on.

And as you know, its not for me.
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

J6UK you are a bad boy ok and Terry no he cant coach at all trust me whatever you have taught me shall always be with me and I have learnt a lot from you about the game and how to approach it. It helps me whenever I play and whichever level I play on.

Throtts: yep me n my damn grip hahahaha I am a tech-freak remember ? no but its cool i will learn it one day LOL and you have to provide the translation of what you wrote in Arabic please...

Itsnoteasy: thanks man, yes my daughter is pretty much ok and fighting well inshAllah she shall be up and running with time, last night I looked at her and she was smiling and suddenly I imagined that she is finishing university and is asking me to make her mom not to ask her to marry as she has career ambitions hhahahaaa I am an old father now I guess

Byrom: after learning this the dog forgot to pot straight balls

I went in again yesterday for a few hours, played 8 frames, lost 6 and came back happy happy I knew I wont win em cuz my mates have been on the table the hole time I wasnt but I am getting to them and I told them the next time I be there, you will regret it LOL the good thing is that I made two breaks of 20 each in one frame hahaha 2 blues and a black and again the same thing ... it felt so big for me and I was happy for my 20 and previously I thought 20 is nothing My mates are so happy cuz I used to enjoy joke around and also tell them my bits about technique that I learnt from Terry... Terry by the way is a famous man in my club whenever they find something troubling they ask me what would Terry day to this and then I tell them if I remember that point from terry's guiding lines. Anyway, I am still struggling to find my imaginary line I have started seeing it on easy pots and so I am sure I will be able to find it properly like in the past in no time hopefully.

I took this break thinking I wont ever play again. It came upon me. However, now I realise how important this break was for me on three fronts- 1 I have started writing again published my first ever non-fiction book and then released two fiction short stories (inbox me if you want to read) so that is really great 2 I am giving more time to family and my kids are happier and 3 and most importantly this break eased my OCD mind a lot and I relised that I can still breathe without playing snooker daily. Previously I thought I could not Now snooker is a game for me to enjoy and play and work hard in learning and progressing but keeping in mind that I am not a pro it really helped me a lot in easing myself and begin to enjoy my game again.

Terry used to tell me many times not to think about tech or anything and play and pot and concentrate on the shot in hand but I could not and hence I was caught in a big problem... over thinking and tinkering all the time... I think I am free from that (but not fully yet) as I kept changing and easing my grip etc but not that much...

Ok one thing here: why did this happen ??? I wasnt playing all that well but then I did not miss even a single fine cut I took I potted all fine cuts why was that ???? cuz on slow fine cuts I keep the grip very very very very loose is that the reason and if yes then should I keep the grip like that on all shots ??????????????

Regards,
                              Sidd.
                              "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
                              X